Army Thread Subday 20th January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_(food)

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1447309 wrote: The only hash I know of makes you high. What is the corned beef variety, Pinkeroo?
      its a meal, made with cornedbeef and veg and gravy or baked beans, or whatever u wanna throw in really and mix all together in a hash style or some topped with the mashed potatoe, its cheap and lovely
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Thanks for the link and the accurate summary, Reccie & Pinky. Looks like comfort food.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

very much comfort and very cheap food, lol
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Back again. Hate to mention the weather but it's fecking freezin here too.

Yo Mollers - good to hear your back on home turf. :l Snuggle in, as you'll be feeling, it's been a tad cold here.

Cinders - :H :H It'll always be a Subday in the army now.

Sweetpea - aha! So that's where ye bide. Fine wee city that. Me maw's from that part of the world and we have family in Ballygally (love that name).

Back from the hill - we only got about a third of the way up :upset: due to the wind gusting at about 80 mph. Shoulda eaten more at Crimbo cos I was nearly blown off like... like.... ehm, like one of them leaves you see blustering about in films. So a darn early start, long drive into beautiful snowy mountains, to hike for 45 mins and then have to turn back. Crampons came in useful though

mrsa - speaking of spikey footwear, what's your running spikes? Can you direct me to a where I might buy a pair/what they look like (I've got mountain spikes (baby crampons) for my hiking boots, but don;t think theyr'e suitable for a trainer).

BBBBBBRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

mollyka;1447346 wrote: It's shaggin BALTIC here, waaaayyy colder than Toronto - bloody hell!

Never ate corn beef hash - don't think I'd like it..... much
              It's actually warmed up significantly in the past few hours, molls...the warmest it's been for a few days. Told yer you'd understand what FF stands for once you'd got home!!!

Corned beef hash was my speciality when I was a student. Ok, it was the only flipping thing I COULD make. My fellow housemates called me corned beef *insert my surname here* (it rhymes with hash!).

Comment

Recluse;1447354 wrote: It's actually warmed up significantly in the past few hours, molls...the warmest it's been for a few days. Told yer you'd understand what FF stands for once you'd got home!!!
                RunningCourage;1447351 wrote:
                Back again. Hate to mention the weather but it's fecking freezin here too.
                I rest my case!!! :new:

Edit: Hi RC.

Comment

Evening all,

RC- glad your back in one piece, terrible news bout avalanche in Glencoe, 4 climbers lost their lives.

I got off me butt and went shovelling some snow for the craic- no longer snowed-in and no longer cold!

Reccie- my speciality student dinner was curry supernoodles and when had the money would add chicken and broccoli twas yummy

Comment

Evening all - just making roast chicken dinner while the males defrost - wimps !!!

We took them sledging - and NO I didn't before yer ask RC lol

Welcome home molls - glad yer back s&s - glad I didn't have a typo there !!!

Big hellos to yer all - pinky - love corned beef hash - like a hug on a plate

Seeyainabit
                    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

RC Yaktracks.

The other runners laughed at my footwear but laughed the other side of their faces when they were slipping and sliding and only managed 5-7 miles and I did 13+

Lovely that you managed to get out for a pub lunch Molly. I have just cooked and eaten: Beef Roased veggies broccoli and cauliflower. I LOVE corned beef hash

Afternoon Reccie, Sweetpea,Tips Pinky et al:l

Comment

anon;1447367 wrote: RC Yaktracks.

The other runners laughed at my footwear but laughed the other side of their faces when they were slipping and sliding and only managed 5-7 miles and I did 13+

Lovely that you managed to get out for a pub lunch Molly. I have just cooked and eaten: Beef Roased veggies broccoli and cauliflower. I LOVE corned beef hash

Hello whizzy

Could have done with a pair of those yaktrax thingies on my early morning walk today. Do you wear waterproof (goretex) oversocks when you run? I find them absolutely invaluable. Would almost have got frostbite without them.

Edit: And what do you wear that keeps you warm for 13+ miles in these conditions?

Comment

Recluse;1447374 wrote: Hello whizzy

Could have done with a pair of those yaktrax thingies on my early morning walk today. Do you wear waterproof (goretex) oversocks when you run? I find them absolutely invaluable. Would almost have got frostbite without them.
                          YAKTRAX correct spelling .:thanks: Feet do not seem to get cold but my hands freeze.
                          How are you doing Reccie. Mr A thrilled Man U only got a draw

Comment

anon;1447377 wrote: YAKTRAX correct spelling .:thanks: Feet do not seem to get cold but my hands freeze.
                            How are you doing Reccie. Mr A thrilled Man U only got a draw
                            I was sort of hoping that both Man U and Spurs were gonna lose, but maybe that was a tad over optimistic? I'd prolly have settled for a draw before the match.

Comment

anon;1447367 wrote: RC Yaktracks.

mrs a dinner sounds lush - were yer feet not sore or do they fasten onto yer trainers ??

By the way - mr q was stood chatting all manly with the men folk, when all of a sudden - WOLLOP !!! Straight on his arse !!! He didn't even move - just disappeared from view !!! I nearly weed meself laffin - as did the kids lol :H:H

'twas a "yer had to be there" moment - but it would have got me ?250 off ybf lol:H
                              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1447384 wrote: mrs a dinner sounds lush - were yer feet not sore or do they fasten onto yer trainers ??

By the way - mr q was stood chatting all manly with the men folk, when all of a sudden - WOLLOP !!! Straight on his arse !!! He didn't even move - just disappeared from view !!! I nearly weed meself laffin - as did the kids lol :H:H

'twas a "yer had to be there" moment - but it would have got me ?250 off ybf lol:H
                                Sounds funny:H

They fasten over shoes/boots/trainers. Fills me with confidence. Feet not sore just a bit tired

Comment

Working...
                                X