The Gig Went Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gig Went Great

All my worrying was for nothing. Gig went great last night. Didn't bother me at all to be around alcohol. Didn't even think about it. Just played my music and drank coffee. Next time I have to remind myself to drink decafe. Up until 1AM because of the caffeine. Thanks all for your support.

The Gig Went Great

Great job!!!!

Comment

The Gig Went Great

:wd::yay::wave::applaud::applaud: I had every faith in you!!!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

The Gig Went Great

Very impressive CanDo. Very.

I remember watching a PBS documentary several years ago on musicians who had battled alcoholism/addictions. Bonnie Raitt talked about how she was always in bars and venues where so much alcohol was served. It took her a long time to get sober and she had to continually work on staying away from the alcohol.

She is still sober, though!!

Cindi

ps And one of my very favorites who died in a helicopter crash, Stevie Ray Vaughn managed to get sober before he died. (Helped a bit by Eric Clapton..)
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The Gig Went Great

glad the gig went good,many,many more good sober ones to come your way!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The Gig Went Great

It is tough working in bars and restaurants where liquor is served. It doesn't bother me. I'm lucky but I've worked with a few guys it did who were trying to quit who had a hard time. Last night I worked in a very familiar place where I always had a few drinks so I was worried. But it didn't bother me. Considering making music is all I know how to do my whole adult life I can't let it bother me. I split my work between restaurant/bars and concerts. Even at concerts they serve alcohol now and there is always some back stage. Part of the life. I didn't tell my guys I quit because I didn't want to weird them out. It's not their problem it's my problem. When I was younger I worked for some band leaders that when they quit everyone couldn't drink at the gig. I never thought that was fair and would never do that to my band. I am really enjoying not drinking even if it's only six days so far. I know the days will keep adding up. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

The Gig Went Great

excellent news!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The Gig Went Great

That's wonderful news!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

The Gig Went Great

Good Job...
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

The Gig Went Great

Well done - great job
                    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

The Gig Went Great

iknowicandoit;1447278 wrote: All my worrying was for nothing. Gig went great last night. Didn't bother me at all to be around alcohol. Didn't even think about it. Just played my music and drank coffee. Next time I have to remind myself to drink decafe. Up until 1AM because of the caffeine. Thanks all for your support.
                      That is SO Great!!

:bonkers::bonkers:

:l:h
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

The Gig Went Great

I'm so glad for you! Well done!
                        :yougo::yougo::yougo:
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

The Gig Went Great

Great stuff IKICDI.

I am a working muso too, and i know exactly what you're talking about. It doesn't worry me at all these days. In fact, i love playing in bars and being out there amongst it. However, for me, i still need to have an EXIT plan, and that plan is to always have my own transport so that i can leave a.s.a.p. after gig if i'm feeling fragile.

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The Gig Went Great

Glad you had a great night Cando and sober too!
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

The Gig Went Great

iknowicandoit;1447278 wrote: All my worrying was for nothing. Gig went great last night. Didn't bother me at all to be around alcohol. Didn't even think about it. Just played my music and drank coffee. Next time I have to remind myself to drink decafe. Up until 1AM because of the caffeine. Thanks all for your support.
                              Well done! Each time you take a step like this and succeed, alcohol gets weaker and weaker. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X