sad days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sad days

This weekend was a bad weekend for me. I feel like a total bag of crap. I drank on Friday night, felt like sh!t yesterday, not just physically but mentally. I still feel so down on myself.

I am not letting this take away ffrom the 18 days I had, this was a glitch. I knew that I shouldn't have stayed at friends on Friday. It was too soon.

Not only have I let myself down, but you guys as well. I'm sorry. :upset:

sad days

Phin, Don't beat yourself up.It's not worth it. We all know it's possible to slip. Get back and start over. I had two years in and slipped now I'm back trying again. Good luck. Gerry

Comment

sad days

Phin: you can do this again. If you can do 18 days then you can do 19 days! You have the tools! It's like a baby learning to take first steps, he falls, and gets back up and tries again.... And keeps trying! And even as adults, we still trip and fall too and we still get back up don't we?! That's just life! Hugsxxxxx!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

sad days

Phin,

Try to do what I have never done in the past with my drinking days, LEARN from them.

Yes, it was too soon to be around drinkers. Now you know. :-)

Don't let a slip become a relapse. That is the most important thing at this point.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

sad days

Thanks guys. I was telling hubby this morning I felt so terrible I slipped. He simply said, 'it's over, you can't change it. Learn from it' Makes sense. I will not lose those 18 days, I didn't drink yesterday as I could easily have to make myself feel better. I was almost welcoming the shitty feeling yesterday.....it was something to hang onto to remind myself how crappy it makes me feel.

Thank you all for your kind words, it's much appreciated.

Comment

sad days

hey phin,since i started this whole quitting journey theres one important thing ive learned at least for me,slipping can actually make you stronger and more determined! when youve been af for a stretch you start feeling better,sometimes a slip makes you remember how shitty al makes you really feel,just jump back in,forget about friday and use that slip as motivation to beat this!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

sad days

So, today would have been Day 20, is it wrong of me to call this Day 19?

Comment

sad days

I guess you can call it any day you want. I for one am very proud that you have been able to stay sober!!! Getting sober and staying sober is a journey we are on together. It takes time to heal. Life doesn't come with a rewind button. Your doing fine. Keep on quitting till you can QUIT FOR GOOD!!!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

sad days

Phin;1447491 wrote: So, today would have been Day 20, is it wrong of me to call this Day 19?
                  Hiya Phin,

Everyday is a new day, and a brand new opportunity to live the way we want to. We have an opportunity every morning to 'grab the bull by the horns' (no animals were harmed in the writing of this post) and take our precious life back. The cool thing is, we get to choose. We get to choose our path every day. We may not have a choice re our addiction, but we can choose what we are going to do about it, and how we are going to live our lives from now on.

Day 1, day 23,987, it doesn't matter. Just do your best today.

Now get cracking girl!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

sad days

At this point you may need to keep track of your AF days on a calendar. You emotionally do not want to go back to day one. Consecutive AF days will always be the gold standard, but you need to give yourself credit for what you have a complished. Eighteen days are a big accomplishment not to be disregarded. Now dust yourself off and keep taking steps.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sad days

Roll up you sleeves friend and get yourself pointed in the right direction again!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

sad days

very well said sunbeam!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

sad days

Phin, if we were all perfect then this web site wouldn't be around. Pickup where you left off and continue your journey with us,we do understand as we have all been there before.
                          FT
                          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

sad days

Thanks so much everyone! XOXO

Comment

sad days

Phin....pick yourself up dust yourself down and keep going..as long as it wasnt wasted and you have learned then its worth the pain
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X