sad days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sad days

Phin don't use this as an excuse to say, "Well since I already messed up I can start again tomorrow. Might as well have a drink or two today." It's too easy to procrastinate with the quit. Just think, if you go the rest of the month without drinking, you'll only have one day where you drank in January! When is the last time you only had one drinking day in a month?

Comment

sad days

Yes Fly, I haven't had any more nor do I have any intentions! And I can't even tell you how long it's been since I haven't drank that long!

Comment

sad days

I like your addition to your signature line. I did that sort of thing until I got a couple of solid months under my belt.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sad days

I totally agree w everyone here! Sunbeam made a great point about not dismissing all your progress previously! Keep going Phin!
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

sad days

As a very wise person told me once: We're human so we make mistakes. If we learn from those mistakes and want to make changes to our behavior then that means we are learning and growing as individuals. If we never make mistakes, never have to learn or grow, then we aren't really human. So as long as you are realizing where you made a mistake and can modify that behavior in the future, then you are actually improving yourself as a human being and becoming a better whole. It's kinda crappy in the short term, but in the long run you will be happier and wiser, as well as your friends and family along for the journey as well.
            :earth: Tree23

Comment

sad days

)Ou spend 19 of the 20 days gone by sober since you decided to stop drinking. So yes its 20 days minus 1! You worked hard those days so don't even think of throwing them away. You earned them fair and square so while I'm sure everyone gets why your dissapointed in yourself I don't think ebyone here in their right mind is dissapointed in you So back on the horse a better rider than before.

Comment

sad days

I hit day 40 many times and had to "start over". Finally in the year 2011 I just counted my sober days (they weren't consecutive). Don't beat yourself up. Nobody gets it right the first time...in fact, I get a bit suspicious when there isn't a glitch here and there! You're doing fine....keep it up!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

sad days

K9Lover;1448669 wrote: I hit day 40 many times and had to "start over". Finally in the year 2011 I just counted my sober days (they weren't consecutive). Don't beat yourself up. Nobody gets it right the first time...in fact, I get a bit suspicious when there isn't a glitch here and there! You're doing fine....keep it up!
                  I was thinking the same thing. I can't think of anyone who quits and it's immediately puppies and rainbows. Most people do mess up a few times, and it's going to be okay. It's all the learning process.

Comment

Working...
                  X