Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 21st January

Good morning, Army

Taking my car in for a service, then heading into the city with Mrs. T.

See you later when I'm settled at the office.

:goodjob: on your AF days, Arsey.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tiggs and all to come

Yes I am dreading the drive in this morning, thick snow all over the road. I hope the snow plough has been through by the time I leave

Is it day 50 for you RC?? Well done that man!!

Its day 30 for me with no stoopid pill popping. Feeling so much better, more positive and in control on my life. Happy days
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Tipps, Starty and all to emerge from the depths of snoozleville. Urgh... fecking snow... fecking early morning drive to work at the posh sckool. Leave in the dark, back home in the dark...

Yay! - Starty, that's great work on your 30days. Glad you are feeling more positive with it :goodjob:

Tipps - see you in skiverville maybe!

Comment

startingover;1447570 wrote: Morning Tiggs and all to come

Yes I am dreading the drive in this morning, thick snow all over the road. I hope the snow plough has been through by the time I leave

Is it day 50 for you RC?? Well done that man!!

Its day 30 for me with no stoopid pill popping. Feeling so much better, more positive and in control on my life. Happy days
        Morning all

Well done RC and well done starty too! :goodjob:

Comment

Good morning Tips I do hope your car does not cost too much:new:

Well done on 50 days RC must be 51 now.

Starty you must be chuffed with your 30 days Codeine free.

Hiya Reccie Call the midwife seems to be a very accurate representation of how it was working as a Communty Midwife back in the day. I am not sure whether you watched it?

Have a great day folks

Comment

Morning Army, it just started to snow here :-) :-(

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Well done Rc & So good going.

Comment

De ya like me short hand,

Comment

I know, im delighted to see some snow. Its my daughters 8th birthday today and she was ridiculously excited to see it snowed on her special day. Were going to see Tinkerbell in the cinema later today and go for a pizza or something.
                  Day 21 for me today and im feeling great. Have lost quite a bit of weight and have my waist back, all the bloat has gone so im obviously very happy about that.
                  Anyhow hoping the snow sticks and more falls and we get a few days off school!!
                  30 days Starty, woo hoo hoo ! Hope you get to work safely xx

Comment

Happy Birthday minor limoers and well done big limers on your three weeks, It seems to be allcelebrating around here today.

Comment

Do you know For many years I worked as a receptionist at a busy company.
                      After a good annual review, my supervisor told me I was up for a raise pending approval of the vice president.
                      A month later, my supervisor called me into his office and told me the VP had refused to approve the raise.
                      His reason? I clearly wasn't doing my job.
                      Every time he saw me, I was either chatting with someone in the lobby or talking on the phone.

Comment

mario;1447595 wrote: Do you know For many years I worked as a receptionist at a busy company.
                        After a good annual review, my supervisor told me I was up for a raise pending approval of the vice president.
                        A month later, my supervisor called me into his office and told me the VP had refused to approve the raise.
                        His reason? I clearly wasn't doing my job.
                        Every time he saw me, I was either chatting with someone in the lobby or talking on the phone.
                        har de har de har Mario!!!:H

Dont loose the day job tho :H

Comment

Thats how I ended up being a truck driver, true story :-) not.

Comment

hows the medication going ? Any side effects?

Comment

Good morning again, Army.

We had a typical South African commute into the city. One side of the highway (outbound) closed off entirely due to a cash-in-transit heist. A stolen luxury car was used to ram into a armoured vehicle, which then overturned. We don't even blink at ATM bombings, hijackings and the like anymore.

On the inbound side, a fecking commuter minibus taxi (they can carry anywhere from 16 - 24 people depending on size) lost control due to speeding a crashed into 3 other vehicles. Minibus taxis cause the majority of accidents on our roads - we have one of the highest road accident death tolls in the world. Needless to say, AL plays a major role, and so does unroadworty vehicles, with the average age of vehicles in Saffalnd being about 16 yearsw. Our commute "only" took 2 1/2 hours.

On the positive side, my week has started out with a less hectic schedule at the office - just hoping the rest of the week will be the same.

Well done on 30 days CF, Starty :goodjob: I must admit I like my codeine tablets every now and again, but I usually have to go and buy it if I want to use it - we don't keep it in the house normally. I have been known to pinch half a sleeping tab from mum, but I've stopped that too. Soooooooooooo scared that somethnig else will take hold of me.

:wavin: Arsey, Reccie, Whizzie, Mario & Limey
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X