after I quit drinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after I quit drinking...

spiderwoman;1447826 wrote: Chocolate! never used to eat the stuff before and ginger beer in the food drink line but have taken to treating myself to things like make-up, scented candles and clothes on a weekly basis and I am still saving money. The amount I've spent on wine in the last few years is truly scary.
    I'm with you Spiderwoman...I love all the fu-fu stuff...lotions, creams, make-up, nail polish, etc....and my BIG purchase on Sunday...an iPad...finally something just for ME! Keep up you're good work, you're doing great!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

after I quit drinking...

Wild: I remember getting a tten years ago! Thinking the saaame thing that's for reming me to hold off on any major decisions!!! I can also relate to the reaserch addiction yawza! At least its feeding the mind and not distroying it. Lol

Change: my smoking is bothing me now as well, at first I thought I was smoking more but turns outi was just too drunk to notice how much I was smoking before ( I haven't gone up at all! In fact I've gone down by half) . And I toostarted giving thanks every night and every morning!

Just keep an eye on the smokes, they can be reallly sneaky! Kudos

Comment

after I quit drinking...

Fitness. There's nothing like the endorphin rush after a hard workout in the gym or a long run to make me not want to drink.

Comment

after I quit drinking...

Some of these posts made me lol. Such a fun thread. I did the shopping thing a little bit. The cold weather put a halt to that.

I went thru the flowers & herbs thing last summer. I was like a woman possessed. And I was even drunk thru the whole thing. And man, I did a bang up job. I had the prettiest place on the block. I worked myself too death though. I hope I don't do that again next year.

I'm going thru the animal shelter thing now. hmmm..maybe I should re-think the whole dog adoption thing. I've only been sober since thanksgiving.

I was reading something the other day & it made total sense. The moral of the story is when you find yourself engaged in obsessive or habitual behavior, do something totally whacky & out of the blue. Something you would never do. Something that doesn't fit.

Like say for instance you are at the pc obessessing over something, research, shelter dogs, kitties, red cowboy boots, whatever. Stop, get up & go put on your husband/bf's boots and twirl around the room 3 times. Then grab your ankles and scream hoo yah!

Your mind goes into a total relaxed fun mood. It just fux the whole robotic programming thing up.

This works with moods also. Moods are usually caused by continous thought. If you are feeling depressed, you can bet you are thinking depressive thoughts. It's a cycle. Bad thoughts=bad mood=bad thoughts yada yada yada...(do we even say that anymore?) go to the cabinet get a triple A battery & walk around with it on your head for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes sit in the middle of the floor & touch your forehead to the floor.

It works with food also. When you think you need food & you aren't really hungry, go to the fridge & grab the jelly & an egg, put it all in a bowl and stir it up. When totally stirred, throw the battery in it.

See what is going on here? You are throwing the program so far out of whack it has nothing to do but to implode.

If nothing else, it's good for a laugh.

Comment

after I quit drinking...

!!!!!THATS JUST SO CRAZY ITJUST MIGHT WORK!!!! Looool!!! It took me a while to catch on to were you were going with that

Comment

after I quit drinking...

NewOne, you are absolutely correct on this!

I like to a bunch of research on personality theory - mbti, enneagram, socionics, etc. Mbti and enneagram are based on cognitive functions - Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, Ni, Ne, Si, Se. Each "type" has different dominant, secondary, tertiary, and inferior functions (I'm simplifying this a lot for the sake of brevity). Anyway, when someone is caught in a dominant-tertiary 'loop' we see a lot of these compulsive, negative behaviors. The advice is to engage one of your inferior functions - basically to do something that is out of the ordinary to get yourself back on track.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

after I quit drinking...

Going to look that up! Thanks Si

Comment

after I quit drinking...

Supercrew, your comment was perfect describing what I am trying to do also,

"I have become addicted to happiness, living in the moment, self improvement and working out. I also do my best to steer clear of toxic people and things that bring me down.

Early on I had a sweet tooth, but I have learned to change that behavior as well. It's funny how once you realized that you have power to change your behavior and improve your life daily, how it snowballs into all aspects of your life if you allow it."

Thanks,

FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                  X