Starting Day 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Day 9

Today is day nine of no alcohol. I can't believe it. I feel well mentally and physically. I am ready for this challenge. I know I have a long way to go but feel I made a positive start. It is so amazing not to drink or even think about it. I still haven't told too many people and no one noticed I'm not drinking. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Getting a lot done every day and I feel satisfied at the end of the day. It's a nice feeling. My small support network is very encouraging and this forum is a blessing. Thanks to all of you.

Starting Day 9

im delighted for you and for me too, im day 23 and feeling very positive, we can do this!

Comment

Starting Day 9

CanDo,

Physically, you will feel better and better as time goes by. It is amazing.

Good job.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Starting Day 9

You are doing so well. I'm very glad you found us. Together we can heal!
        iknowicandoit;1448953 wrote: Today is day nine of no alcohol. I can't believe it. I feel well mentally and physically. I am ready for this challenge. I know I have a long way to go but feel I made a positive start. It is so amazing not to drink or even think about it. I still haven't told too many people and no one noticed I'm not drinking. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Getting a lot done every day and I feel satisfied at the end of the day. It's a nice feeling. My small support network is very encouraging and this forum is a blessing. Thanks to all of you.
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Starting Day 9

:applaud::applaud::applaud:This time 4 SURE!!!
          limers;1448968 wrote: im delighted for you and for me too, im day 23 and feeling very positive, we can do this!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Starting Day 9

yay! almost double digits you are coasting along,keep it up
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Starting Day 9

Cando, wow that was fast already 9 days who would have thunk it.

Congrats.

FT
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Starting Day 9

:goodjob:Keep going!!
                "One day at a time."

Comment

Starting Day 9

You are doing AMAZING!!! Keep it up...we are so proud of you!

It's funny how nobody really notices what we're doing, or not doing. As alcoholics we are so absorbed in ourselves that we think the world revolves around us, come to find out...it doesn't! Nobody really cares if we're drinking or not.

Stick close to us and stay strong...you CAN do this! :l
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Starting Day 9

Excellent. Keep moving forward!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Starting Day 9

:happy::happy:
                      So proud of you!!! Seems like just a minute ago I was congratulating you on 7 days!!! Bahaha (it was). Get yourself to Day 13 and you will be amazed! It was the day something 'clicked' for me and I knew I could do it! Well done!!! I knewyoucoulddoit!!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Starting Day 9

Thanks everyone. The positive reinforcement definitely helps.

Comment

Starting Day 9

K9 your right. No one cares. But I like that. It's my private battle with the help of a few friends. I have a big family party coming up in March and all my cousins and their kids will be having a few. I bet no one but my brother notices I don't and I didn't tell him I quit and he won't say anything. Knows how much I value my privacy That's why I'm apprehensive about the shrink. But don't worry I'll do it. You people on the forum know more about my drinking and quitting than most people around me. I told a long time student of mine who I gig with a lot and he calls me every day to offer encouragement and see how I'm doing. He's like a son to me and I know his calls are genuine concern for me and my problem. Oh well as long as the people who matter care that's all right with me. Thanks to everyone and good luck.

Comment

Starting Day 9

People on this forum are the only ones who I talk to about this! I don't even talk to my husband about it. Except to tell him to stop offering me a sip of his drink. Once I let loose with a few dumb things I've done while drunk and heard a chorus of "me too," I felt safe here. People in real life now know that I don't drink. They think it's for medical reasons which in a way I guess it is.

Comment

Starting Day 9

My wife has been a big help. I don't think she has had a drink since our honeymoon. She never had a problem just didn't like the taste or feeling. She's put up with my drinking but never really knew how much I drank at certain times in my life until I told her last week. She was horrified and couldn't believe she didn't notice. As I,ve said before I never really got drunk just sipped all day. On the weekends I'd drink less because she was home and I had someone to hang out with and on gigs I controlled my drinking because I had a show to do. I never messed a show up because of alcohol. Then I'd go home,she'd be asleep and I'd drink some more. Glad that life's over.

Comment

Working...
                              X