• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 24th January

It was Monday for us and the buggers haven't been. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1449834 wrote: Ours was on Monday. But I'm a continent away.
      They'd prolly get here quicker.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1449828 wrote: A rather odd question coming up. I know we're all in different parts of the country but have you had your bins emptied.
        Is that like the "is your refrigerator still running" joke?
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1449837 wrote: Is that like the "is your refrigerator still running" joke?
          Nooooooooooo. I don't know that one But I think I soon will.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JC have your binmen been out gritting the roads around Noocastle??

Comment

JackieClaire;1449835 wrote: It was Monday for us and the buggers haven't been. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
              Thank feck its winter. I've been making use of a service: they come round after the bins have been emptied and wash and disinfect them. Otherwise the smell becomes horrendous in the heat.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1449828 wrote: A rather odd question coming up. I know we're all in different parts of the country but have you had your bins emptied.
                Our recycling bins were emptied as normal on Tuesday morning Jackie. In fact when I was out on my early morning walk that day, they kept overtaking me and then I would overtake them and so on and it was starting to look as if we were racing against one another.

Have a look at your council's website....would have thought they would post something if there were going to be delays.

Comment

JackieClaire;1449838 wrote: Nooooooooooo. I don't know that one But I think I soon will.
                  If people answer in the affirmative, they're told to be quick - before it runs out the door. Lame phone prank when I was a young'un.

:hallo: WhizzyWoo
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

anon;1449839 wrote: JC have your binmen been out gritting the roads around Noocastle??
                    Mmmmmmmmmmm I suppose they could have been but the roads have been fine since Tuesday

Recluse;1449842 wrote: Our recycling bins were emptied as normal on Tuesday morning Jackie. In fact when I was out on my early morning walk that day, they kept overtaking me and then I would overtake them and so on and it was starting to look as if we were racing against one another.
                    :H:H I'd have paid good money to see that.

Recluse;1449842 wrote:

Have a look at your council's website....would have thought they would post something if there were going to be delays.
                    Not a sausage about delays. Shall I be really awful and wait 'til 4.55pm tomorrow and ring someone.

That joke is truly groanworthy, Tips.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1449843 wrote: If people answer in the affirmative, they're told to be quick - before it runs out the door. Lame phone prank when I was a young'un.

:hallo: WhizzyWoo
                      And in the same vein..."is your water running?"

Tips...I'm curious (ok...I'm nosey!). You're clearly in a position of some seniority in your job. How did you manage to achieve that in conjunction with the booze?

Hi whizzy

Comment

one of your nuts has my name on it Mr bear......just warning you
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Recluse;1449846 wrote: And in the same vein..."is your water running?"

Tips...I'm curious (ok...I'm nosey!). You're clearly in a position of some seniority in your job. How did you manage to achieve that in conjunction with the booze?

Hi whizzy
                          Yep. Let's call a spade a spade. You're nosey :H

Wrecster, I was riding on my reputation for a long time, but I was sliding fast. The low point was when I failed a breathalyser test - at 11.00 am in the morning My saving grace was a manager I had an open relationship with. Functionalalcoholics can only hide things for so long. That incident, together my fast failing marriage and health, prompted me to take drastic action. God, the sheer terror I felt when I popped the 1st 10mg of baclofen, which had arrived in a brown envelope with a handwritten label from an online pharmacy in India.
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mama bear;1449850 wrote: one of your nuts has my name on it Mr bear......just warning you
                            Or he could be like my brother, who only has one :H.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

yikes!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Evening folks. Off for a read back.
                                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                                X