Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 25th January

Good morning, Army

POETS day today. Mrs. T and I have both taken a half day off - the eldest cub's birthday party is tonight.

Zennie: all excited to see you back in the barracks! :l:l:l
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tiggs and Doo doo

Is Zennie back?????
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning guys after another terrible half nights sleep, doesn't do much for the humour. Is Zenny back?
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Tabbers.
        Glad you have checked in.
        I have been reading a book I wanted to tell you about. Its called The Mindful Way Through Depression. A great insightful and plain speaking book. I wondered if it would interest you?

Comment

Hello there Starty, thank you for the offer. Actually I have been great in that department for some time now. Everything is going reasonably well in my life these days and counting blessings with the exception of my self sabotage using AL, the shear madness of it all when I stop and think. Is alcoholism actually a mental disorder I often wonder or is a chemical imbalance and the self damage to brain cells something entirely different? Certainly feels like madness some days.

Comment

I dont know Tabbers. But I can relate. All was going great for me too, yet I turned to drugs AGAIN to deal with god knows what.
            All I can say is that certain things seem to make sense to me and learning about mindfulness is seeming to keep my overactive brain in some sort of calm but active place Dunno if that makes sense but it feels like a relief at the mo.

Comment

Morning Tipps Dodo Ktab and Starty. Its raining and still dark here. Welcome back Zennie if you're around later. Awake early and already had my 2nd coffee. Fed cats and let them out but Prince is back in. Tipps have a great time at the Eldest cubs party tonight i hope it goes well. Have a fab friday everyone else.:cat:awprint::cupajoe:

Comment

It's a built in self coping mechanism personally, a habit which has been formed over many years and that is very difficult to break for anyone I guess. Actually its more like a self lets hide from everything mechanism.
                Glad to hear that is working for you, are you meditating? I found that a great help on one of my many quits, once again I stopped what was working for me though.

Comment

Morning Foxy! Ive not ventured out yet, but sure its a chilly one.

Yes, just started doing 15 mins a day and it does help.

I use it to numb emotions, increase emotions, change emotions and every other reason I can think of. Trouble is, every time it bites me on the arse and doesnt work, its expensive and has the effect of putting me out of control in every area of my life. Time to try summat new

Comment

Hi FF xpost there. Laying here in the dark listening to the rain hammer on the roof light above my head, it's kinda nice.

Comment

Morning tips, doo-doo, starty, tabbers and foxy

tiptronic_ct;1450094 wrote: Good morning, Army

POETS day today. Mrs. T and I have both taken a half day off - the eldest cub's birthday party is tonight.

Zennie: all excited to see you back in the barracks! :l:l:l
                      Hope the party goes well Mr T.

startingover;1450109 wrote: Morning Tiggs and Doo doo

Is Zennie back?????
                      Not yet, starty, but she's expected back later on today. I really hope the rehab has worked for her.

startingover;1450111 wrote:
                      Morning Tabbers.
                      Glad you have checked in.
                      I have been reading a book I wanted to tell you about. Its called The Mindful Way Through Depression. A great insightful and plain speaking book. I wondered if it would interest you?
                      I have that book on my dresser waiting for me to read it, starty. Also "The Mindful Way through Anxiety". Both were recommended to me by my counsellor. But I think I need to go and get some glasses first cos it'll take me an age if I try to read them with a magnifying glass.

Sorry about the shit night's sleep tabs. I can empathise. It has a lot to do with why I still drink these days.

Comment

KTAB;1450118 wrote: It's a built in self coping mechanism personally, a habit which has been formed over many years and that is very difficult to break for anyone I guess. Actually its more like a self lets hide from everything mechanism.
                        Glad to hear that is working for you, are you meditating? I found that a great help on one of my many quits, once again I stopped what was working for me though.
                        Morning Tipps, Tabbers, Foxy, Starty and those still curled up in snoozleburgh.

Tabbers - why do you think you stopped what was working for you? Boredom? Fear of succeeding? Overwhelming desire just to head back to drink? Not realising something was working? Just curious.

Comment

x=post - moring Reccy :hiya:

Comment

Hi there Recciebear.
                            I got myself some specs from friggintesco. 3 quid and work a treat

Right, I am off for a spot of dogging. See you later folksies

Comment

Yep I know what you mean and everything else then takes second place to getting that fix. What I hate most is that lack of control, that and the sneaky alcho drinking that I do. It grinds away at our self respect and self worth like a tapeworm.

Comment

Working...
                              X