Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My business plan is enormously accepted !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends,

Recently, I have worked for a business plan and it is accepted by community members with great appreciation.
    It is not just a commercial business plan but linked with corporate responsibilities.Its more like a co-operative business ties with one country to another.
    Meanwhile,people say I must take all the leadership of this business.I suspect, I am going to let all know that I am a chronic drunkard because it is community involved business.It has a great name and fame if done without a drink but a huge burden to the life if I sometime become binge which still can,t be neglected.

I am just worried about it .Should I live a private life as I am an recovering alcoholic or should take this opportunity ???
    My fellows ,have you got any advises here with your best information and personal experience ?
    Any comments on my curiosity are heartily welcomed.
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

There is no need or benefit in telling them, you are recovering Dixon and have no plan to drink.
    Telling them gives you an excuse and undermines their confidence in you IMO.

You don't have diabetes, you have a choice

Comment

Congrats on the new business Venture Dix.....I dont think I would jeopardize anything by telling people about your issue with AL.

What you do in your personal life is just that.........personal :goodjob:
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hey Dix! That's so exciting! Congratulations!

I probably wouldn't tell the community at large, but I would select a few close colleagues who will be helping you with the business and tell the ones you trust to keep your secret. It helps to have a support network and they can help keep you accountable and keep an eye on you. Maybe just 2 people you really trust.

Good luck on this new venture!
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Congratulations
          I wouldn't tell them either. You will open yourself up to gossip and stress and perhaps more drinking
          it's none of their business....plain and simple
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Congratulations Dix on the business opp, take it and run with it.

I see no reason to tell anyone. I'm a CPA and I recently went to talk to a new client about some problems with their Quickbooks data. Quickbooks is an accounting program that gives the client all the rope they need to hang themselves so correcting bad data entries comes with the territory. The first comment the client made about the entries made by the previous bookkeeper was something like "that figures, she's a recovering alcoholic". If you confide then if something goes wrong the first conclusion made will be because you were drinking.

Keep moving forward Dix!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi all ,
              You all are so generouse !
              Yes there is no reason to share that I do have an alcohol problem .
              But my worry here is taking the leadership of business .Some black outs are so terrible !
              I might go into it may be sometime because of false confidence .
              If I do I will lose the faith ...
              How do you think mates ?
              Dix be

Comment

Dix ..... If what your signature says is right you drank 2 days in 7 months, and you have no intention of drinking again.
                If you start this new venture it WILL challenge you.....so you will have to take better care of yourself physically.
                You FEAR you may drink. When you chose to drink before there was time to think, you didn't just magically have a bottle of booze in your hand, you DECIDED to drink.

If you make that decision again, check in here FIRST. If you still decide you WANT to drink, you are also adult enough to call in sick before you start.

It is YOUR decision, no one can stop you or me, but if you make a decision to drink don't then be a victim of your own choice.

We are all adults and must, little by little, learn to behave as adults.

Comment

Kuya
                  whatever I share here is just from my heart and not from mind .I am here not to show up anything but for own my benefit .
                  I am just worried because I will take the responsibility of a broader community .so worrying can a recovering person get such responsibilty.any examples.
                  Thanks everyone here .
                  Dix

Comment

Dix there are lots of recovering alcoholics on this site who hold down responsible positions in companies and in the public arena. There is nothing magic about it. It's hard work every day. You will need to hold your self accountable each and every day. And if you struggle, come here and tell us. We'll help see you through.
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

You must be kidding! Do you know how many first responders, elected officials, and members of homeland security are members of this site and other similar sites and organizations? I wish you well in you well in your community endeavor. Be well.

EDIT: Letting the community know you are a chronic drunkard is the kiss of death.

I don't know how this cannot be obvious.

Comment

Dixon,

I am going to approach this from a completely different angle than the others who have posted.

Only you know if you can stay sober when you need to in order to accomplish your goals with this new opportunity.

We are all in different places in our alcoholism and what is possible for some is not for others.

Be honest with yourself. If you believe you can maintain your sobriety and do this work, I agree with everyone else: Go for it!!

If you know deep down inside that you will not be able to maintain your sobriety, especially if it is because of the work, do not do it. Have your company find someone else who can take your idea and go with it.

Your sobriety is more important than anything else, Dixon. Without your sobriety, EVERYTHING else will go away, your family, your career, your health and eventually your life.

I am praying that you can honestly take on this new opportunity and run with it. I know how proud you must be. I am chuffed for you!!

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Dixon, If I were worried about relapse I would get myself on Antabuse. It's a great safety net because no matter what, YOU CAN NOT DRINK while you're taking it.
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

well, you can drink on antabuse but it is not pretty and you may die.

Comment

mama bear;1450862 wrote: Congratulations
                              I wouldn't tell them either. You will open yourself up to gossip and stress and perhaps more drinking
                              it's none of their business....plain and simple
                              Ditto Dix,

:l:h
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                              X