Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mood Swings

I have just had a bit of a revelation.

Being clean and sober, my mood is calm, positive and definitely better than at any time I have been using or drinking.

I ALWAYS thought I took drink/drugs to improve my mood

Does anyone else feel this way?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Mood Swings

Yeah, I feel the same way. After a few days of abstaining I feel so much better I wonder why I drink in the first place.

Comment

Mood Swings

aihflvt;1450944 wrote: Yeah, I feel the same way. After a few days of abstaining I feel so much better I wonder why I drink in the first place.
      I agree. It look at myself 6 weeks ago, depressed, exhausted, looking and feeling ill and continuing to fill my body with drugs. It doesnt make sense at all.....

I am not saying I dont get stressed or anything now, because I do, but I just know that its not the answer to look for an artificial way to change my mood

Comment

Mood Swings

At 2 plus years I realize that I am in complete control of my mood all of the time. I also recently quit a 30 year nicotine addiction, and I did it without mood swings. My wife couldn't believe it because in the past I would try to quit, and i would be a jerk to everyone around me and blame it on quitting.

Being free of mind altering substances has shown me that my mood can always be good, and i am able to control how I feel at all time. great post!

Comment

Mood Swings

I find im anxiety free(er) by alot which is great cos Im beginning to realize I got quite anxious about little things, I tried to hide it but it was always there..............

Comment

Mood Swings

Supercrew;1451004 wrote: At 2 plus years I realize that I am in complete control of my mood all of the time. I also recently quit a 30 year nicotine addiction, and I did it without mood swings. My wife couldn't believe it because in the past I would try to quit, and i would be a jerk to everyone around me and blame it on quitting.

Being free of mind altering substances has shown me that my mood can always be good, and i am able to control how I feel at all time. great post!
            Wow Supercrew, that is is something special!!

I cannot believe how many times I HAVENT been angry in the last few weeks. :H

Comment

Mood Swings

limers;1451007 wrote: I find im anxiety free(er) by alot which is great cos Im beginning to realize I got quite anxious about little things, I tried to hide it but it was always there..............
              My OCD went when I quit drinking Limeylou. I used to be so obsessive about certain stuff. But it is virtually non existent now

Comment

Mood Swings

Supercrew;1451004 wrote: At 2 plus years I realize that I am in complete control of my mood all of the time. I also recently quit a 30 year nicotine addiction, and I did it without mood swings. My wife couldn't believe it because in the past I would try to quit, and i would be a jerk to everyone around me and blame it on quitting.

My moods at 8 months of sobriety have significantly improved. With more AF time & work they will continue to improve.

However, I'm a woman who's still menstruating. These hormones along with other brain chemicals can effect my moods. My brain never developed properly from childhood either. I'm working hard to overcome these physical & emotional problems in my life!!! I've made great progress!

My hubs now being 55 has learned "Yes Dear". We both understand that I may likely never fully recover & have perfect moods, or control 100% of the time. But, I'm awesome. "Loving The Imperfect Me". :h

Comment

Mood Swings

I get angry at work, but am pretty calm at home. NO AL deffo helps
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mood Swings

100% agree. I feel positive, calm, and fairly happy in general!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Mood Swings

im with mamma bear,angry at work,happy at home
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mood Swings

Oh Christ yes Starty-bum!:H

I am much nicer to the boy, mood is much more even at least insome part due to reliably better sleep as well.

I am not quite as easy to get along with. Once the numb brain went, I started to notice and respond to behaviours around me from other folk. They don't get away with much any more because I can be bothered dealing with it and standing up for myself.

In short I am much sweeter to those who matter, and take no crap from those who don't!
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Mood Swings

Well fuck, if I didn't love my tits so much I'd just want to be a feckin man & have perfect moods all the time then. :H

I'm waiting Kuya ~ beg....

Cooking orders ~ feck.... Not! Its my turn. I could change my mind. :H

Comment

Mood Swings

I was just talking about this today with a friend, I still get annoyed but it passes quickly, I don't lash out in anger as much or at all. I seem to be much better at communicating. And my anxiety has beenn limited to figiy feelings as opposed to that gut wrenching panic!

Comment

Mood Swings

Wildflowers;1453962 wrote: Well fuck, if I didn't love my tits so much I'd just want to be a feckin man & have perfect moods all the time then. :H

I'm waiting Kuya ~ beg....

Cooking orders ~ feck.... Not! Its my turn. I could change my mind. :H
                              Too funny WF! I can offer you a discount cosmetic procedure

How are you, my dear, we haven't bantered for a while......you sound happy and awesome :l

Comment

Working...
                              X