Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th January

Morning guys

Cannot believe that we are nearly at the end of January already!
    It seems time really does fly

Satzuma enjoy your Reiki, I would be very interested to hear more about it. I have done level one and would love to do level two. In fact I think maybe I should do level one again. Thoughts?

Any news from Zenny? I cant wait to hear how she is. Check in girlie if you are reading
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 27th January

Morning troops :hallo:... I have a big decision to make. It's consuming me. Run before breakfast, or after?

Reccy - I like Pan das too

Backina mo...

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Running ask mrs A she will know

you know ive been sober a while now. but i still crave a drink nearly every week or fortnight and sometimes more, its been about 3 times in a period of a week and a a half recently, i know my AL mind is desperate 4 a drink but all its doing is reiterting to my 'determined' mind that I AM AN ALCOHOLIC and I CAN'T DRINK
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Good morning Starty, Pinky and RC.

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning. Can hardly remember the last time I was able to sleep past 8 am.

Pinkeroo :l You're doing brilliantly.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Morning Tippers, when did ur cravings subside, if ever?
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

littlepinkcat;1451305 wrote: Morning Tippers, when did ur cravings subside, if ever?
            With baclofen you don't get cravings, Pinky. You literally become indifferent to AL. You'll look at a glass wine next to a cup of tea and think 'mmmmmm, that tea looks nice.'
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

startingover;1451287 wrote: Morning guys

Cannot believe that we are nearly at the end of January already!
              It seems time really does fly

Satzuma enjoy your Reiki, I would be very interested to hear more about it. I have done level one and would love to do level two. In fact I think maybe I should do level one again. Thoughts?

Any news from Zenny? I cant wait to hear how she is. Check in girlie if you are reading
              MORNIN' ALL !!!
              After all my preaching to Mr Bear yesterday - did not have a good night 's sleep !
              Law of attraction methinks : think about it too much & you will have it :upset:
              v dopey here !

Starty to do Level 1 again to a great idea as I don't think it 'stuck' - in my case anyhoo - all too new !
              I will be the dunce in the corner at Level 2 - but sure we'll see what happens - I'll let you know!

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

tiptronic_ct;1451310 wrote: With baclofen you don't get cravings, Pinky. You literally become indifferent to AL. You'll look at a glass wine next to a cup of tea and think 'mmmmmm, that tea looks nice.'
                ive never tried baclofen
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

tiptronic_ct;1451310 wrote: With baclofen you don't get cravings, Pinky. You literally become indifferent to AL. You'll look at a glass wine next to a cup of tea and think 'mmmmmm, that tea looks nice.'
                  What dose are you on now Tippers ?

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

littlepinkcat;1451312 wrote: ive never tried baclofen
                    Now I'm as new to this AF lark as you are Pinky - but I think what you are geting is not physical cravings - but the mental want to relax & forget everything.

But if you think about it - it never relaxes us after the first one or two - it puts us on edge looking for for the next one.

Think of HANGOVERS ............................... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!
                    MORTIFICATION ove rwhat we;ve done / said ..................
                    Am I putting you off !!!:H

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

littlepinkcat;1451312 wrote: ive never tried baclofen
                      Now I'm as new to this AF lark as you are Pinky - but I think what you are getting is not physical cravings - but the mental want to relax & forget everything.

But if you think about it - it never relaxes us after the first one or two - it puts us on edge looking for for the next one.

Think of HANGOVERS ............................... ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!
                      MORTIFICATION over what we've done / said ..................
                      Am I putting you off !!!:H

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Ok I'm orf !!!

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

3 Weeks without sleep aid or codeine...

Worth posting..
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

Good morning Starters, Runners, Pinkles, Tippperooooo, Satzuma and all those yet to drop in, drop out or just want to shake it all about.

Well Pinkles, I haven't really craved a drink since I started posting here. I have however at times wanted to get completely wasted 2 or 3 times, but luckily I've been able to pull myself up short and realise that a few hours of white knuckling is far better than me going into free fall. Hasn't happened for a couple of years though.

In other news. Our Jenz is on her way back from Rome. The son and heir is coming back from the Lakes after a lads weekend. The big thaw is under way, so that'll mean a hosepipe ban in the near future and if I'm honest I'm still very, very sad about my cousin's death. I can't seem to get it out of my mind. It's always lurking.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 27th January

MorniNg everyone jeez is this the Satzy show ? Canny get a word in edgeways here!! ye gods just wait till the other one wakes up ..the McGinty sisters!!!! and just for yous..here you go

Irish Looting
                              Bad news, the rioting has spread to Ireland. Poor Paddy has just smashed his laptop screen, after trying to loot ebay.

Helping The Doctor

A doctor in Dublin wanted to get off work to go fishing, so he approached his assistant.

"Murphy, I am going fishing tomorrow and don't want to close the clinic. I want you to take care of the clinic and take care of all me patients".

"Yes, sir!" answers Murphy.

The doctor goes fishing and returns the following day and asks: "So,Murphy, how was your day?"

Murphy told him that he took care of three patients. "The first one had a headache so he did, so I gave him Paracetamol."

"Bravo Murphy lad, and the second one?" asks the doctor.

"The second one had indigestion and I gave him Gaviscon, so I did sir" says Murphy.

"Bravo, bravo! You're good at this and what about the third one?" asks the doctor.

"Sir, I was sitting here and suddenly the door flies open and a young gorgeous woman bursts in so she does.

Like a bolt outta the blue, she tears off her clothes, taking off everything including her bra and her panties and lies down on the table, spreading her legs and shouts: 'HELP ME for the love of St Patrick! For five years I have not seen any man!'"

"Tunderin' lard Jesus Murphy, what did you do?" asks the doctor.

"I put drops in her eyes."

Workmen

Two Irishmen were working for the city public works department. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in.

They worked up one side of the street, then down the other, then moved on to the next street, working furiously all day without rest, one man digging a hole, the other filling it in again.

An onlooker was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he asked the hole digger, 'I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting in to your work, but I don't get it -- why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?'

The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, ........

'Well, I suppose it probably looks odd because we're normally a three-person team. But today the lad who plants the trees called in sick.'

Goldfish

An Irishman takes his goldfish to the vet and says 'I think my goldfish is epileptic.'

The vet looks and says 'He looks fine to me.'

The Irishman replies 'Hang on, I haven't taken him out of the bowl yet!!'

CYA
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X