I keep going MIA for some time........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hanging in there. I can go a week or more with out drinking. I did a week and a half this time. I had about 5 drinks tonight. Not good. Not that I needed it or wanted to which is the sad part about it. I just did because it felt soooo safe (good). I do find I crave it less and less. I am eating better and I try to get more sleep. I also am taking my anti-depressants regularly. So no injury to myself occurs. It is rough sometimes to keep up with all my vitamins and meds especially when I think I'm feeling fine. But it's worth it in the long run. I just know I need to get into my therapist when I can afford her..........I do need to learn how to work through my issues like a normal person...........

Hugs to all of you :h . I do hope all is well with everone. I am happy to see soooo many new members everytime I come back here. It's inpiring..........

Just H you sound like you are doing better and better. Don't get discouraged you are making progress.

Hang in there
    Sammys

Comment

Hi H.
      Love your avatar.
      Give yourself some credit. Rome wasn't built in a day. Do whatever works for you and yes, you can do it. Wish you all the best and hugs from
      Lori
      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Just H,
        This is the hardest thing I have ever done/tried to do. You can do it....just takes time and you are doing it by the way. A week AF is great success. I remember when there was hardly a day went by I didn't drink, so to be able to say a week is good!

Comment

Sounds like you're still in a great frame of mind - so keep up the great work!

I firmly believe that as long as a person continues to work on this problem, to seek out peers on this website, to gather as much knowledge as they can about this issue, they will continue to improve and eventually win out over alcohol.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hang in there. You are doing great! Any progress is good progress! You can become stronger with each lapse as long as you keep trying to go forward. Take Care. Aquamarine
            NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
            AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hi H!

Just keep doing what you're doing and never give up. Every step is an accomplishment-no matter how small. Glad to hear from ya'.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

H, I have a book called 'Defeat depression' and it's got 101 simple ways to feel better and pick your feelings up. It does help!

Depression & anxiety has got to be the hardest thing I've had to deal with in my life, so I know what you're going through. It's a lonely place.

Drinking exacerbates my anxiety/depression without a doubt. Exercise relieves it in the greatest way. (Got to love those endorphines!)

In the long term plan, if you can work out what your triggers are, it might help you work out ways of preventing a bout of it in the future. Personally, I've had 3 bouts of depression that each lasted 12-18 months. Never suicidal, but just really depressed, filled with guilt and fear. It's quite liberating to now know what the triggers are, and although something in the future, down the track some time, might trigger another bout of it which is unpreventable, I can at least try and minimise the length and depth of it by recognising the signs of anxiety (untreated anxiety leads to depression) and being a bit proactive in minimising the development.

As my sister says, they should put prozac in the drinking water supply. lol

If you ever want to chat, feel free to send me a message and we can email. In the meantime, I hope to see you around daily. If you haven't already, try the drink tracker, as I find it gives me daily reason and motivation to log on (and then I can't log off. lol).

Doo
                :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
                X