Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libido and quitting booze? Can you get it UP? (sex talk dont read if offended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed the last time I quit my sex drive went through the roof. Same thing this time. My doc asked me this question a few days ago and I her told no in fact a huge increase. She didn't seem surprised. When I was in the hospital the last time I quit, my nurse came to wake me for meds and noticed I was a little excited even in my sleep. She told me not to be embarrassed that it showed my body was getting back to normal. Even though I never had a problem when drinking I enjoy it a lot more since I quit. Everybody's different so it might take longer to get back to normal. In just two weeks I have noticed a bunch of other changes in my body. More alert, wake up earlier, go to bed later,more energy, more appetite, taking on more challenging things and a lot calmer and able to cope with stress better. Don't have it all back together but I'm way better off. I bet if you google the meds you'll see they can have,by them self or in combination, and effect on libido. Good luck.

Comment

As my period of abstinence continues, I am finding my sexual appetite on the wane as well, although I don't think it's meds in my case (I'm only on trazodone, mostly for sleep). I attribute my decrease to the fact that I'm sober now, and can have more on my mind than drinking, self-gratifying and passing out. I don't know how I'd actually perform with a partner. I don't think my wife and I will ever make love again but now that I have a clear head, I realize it wouldn't be fair to blame her.

Comment

I can only speak from a womans perspective but for me it has a lot to do with how I feel about myself. If I feel beautiful then I am interested. If I feel like a lazy slug, I am not. Very little to do with the male. So quitting drinking and feeling more healthy and alive is a positive. Fitting into pretty little things I couldn't wear before makes me feel like a kitten. Sorry if I dissapoint the male ego, but for me, its all about me! But maybe thats a relief for some.

Comment

Working...
        X