Army Thread 28th January 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ach... it wasn't courage Tabbers... it was desperation.

I'm happy to see you and all. Don't give up. Something will click for you... :l

Comment

Zenstyle;1452543 wrote: My knee has healed! I think it was the stairs. I don't have stairs in my house... and I was so forgetful when I knocked the AL out of the picture that I spent my entire time in the rehab residence going up and down the feckin stairs to find shit I'd left behind.

They had a cross-fitness trainer at the rehab and I worked out 3 times a week once I got done with the benzo taper. This woman kicked serious arse. So I managed to get back into gym mode while I was in there. I'm heading into my own gym tomorrow... looking forward to it.
      Great news about your knee.

I'm trying to get back to exercising myself. Walking at the moment and hoping to start running again soon. Need to shift a few lbs first...running's too uncomfortable for now.

Comment

Zenstyle;1452552 wrote: Ach... it wasn't courage Tabbers... it was desperation.

I'm happy to see you and all. Don't give up. Something will click for you... :l
        Do you think rehab has worked for you zenny...or too soon to say?

Hi tabbers

Comment

I don't know if I can say rehab "worked". I had all the time in the world to think about myself. I had no cellphone, no internet (thanks to the miscreants), and limited access to my "real life"... and I had to abide by the rules and regs even if it was daft and/or downright insulting to someone my age. I was in with kids... and I had to play that game. (Aargh!) But I did it... and I channeled my energy back into myself and ignored the fact that I was uncomfortable in my surroundings... if that makes sense. I had nobody I could care for but me, really. And the wee shites (read as "rest of the inmates") gave me a total run for my money to begin with... I felt like slapping a few of them!!! :H One of them called me an 80 year old. Wouldn't have been so bad if she wasn't built like a beached whale and could hardly lift herself off a seat. But there ya go... I had to eat a LOT of humble pie. Did it, channeled my efforts back into myself... and by the grace of the powers that be I stopped craving after the first couple of days.

Comment

Anyway... I'm prolly rambling and I need to go and finish vacuuming!

On the morrowz Reccy... xxx

Comment

Must admit that I wouldn't fancy living with a bunch of comparative youngsters either, zenny. I'm not surprised about the humble pie aspect of rehab though. What were the living arrangements like? Shopping, cooking, tv, that sort of stuff? Was it a normal house or purpose built accommodation? How do they prevent someone sneeking out to buy booze? How are rules enforced? Sorry about all the questions, but I'm beginning to wonder if I need a spell in rehab myself, much as I would hate to do it.

Comment

Xpost. Night zen.

Comment

Once again, welcome home Zenny
                  Kisses to Mr Bear and everyone else
                  Zen- I didn't even think about the withdrawal aspect
                  did you get your sleep issues sorted?
                  and YAY about your knee!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Zen: thanks for sharing your experience w us! Good to see you back !
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                    X