Army Thread Tuesday 29th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JackieClaire;1453126 wrote: I'm dialling now.................ermm what shall I say?
    Your wife is a cougar - and I don't mean a big cat :H:H:H

Comment

satz123;1453128 wrote: Your wife is a cougar - and I don't mean a big cat :H:H:H
      Didn't she end up in the leaba with Ringo Starr or someone similar when she was in boarding school? The writing was on the wall, even way back then...

Edit: Waaaaaaaaay back then.............. *running* *roilly roilly fast*

Comment

Here Molls - The Mary Berry Story on BBC2 now - she's the wan you always banging on about ?
        Never heard of her 'till I came on here - now she's everywhere :H

Comment

Zenstyle;1453105 wrote: :H:H:H

How many years did that take you?!!! :H
          5 ? :H
          I had to count that twice on my fingers !!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

satz123;1453128 wrote: Your wife is a cougar - and I don't mean a big cat :H:H:H
            :H:H:H
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

:hallo: Army. Just back from emergency room. Mum's been admitted for suspected porphyria. She was tested positive for it years ago, but it has never manifested before. A physician will see her in the morning. In the interim, they're running some tests.

I'm totally knackered by now. It's been a long day. I'll see you on the morrow.
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1453194 wrote: :hallo: Army. Just back from emergency room. Mum's been admitted for suspected porphyria. She was tested positive for it years ago, but it has never manifested before. A physician will see her in the morning. In the interim, they're running some tests.

I'm totally knackered by now. It's been a long day. I'll see you on the morrow.
                Awhh hope yer mum gets better soon mr t - sending best wishes your way :l
                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

*waves* evening army
                  Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Evening Questydrawers !!
                    :l Tipps

Comment

Evening troops :hiya:

Mr T - sorry to hear about yer ma. What is porphyria exactly? - had a look on wiki but wasn't understanding all the medical jargon. Anways - hope all gets better for her in the coming days.

Royally knackered with a friggin headache to boot. Dunno how doc went. Think alright, he says cos symptoms were vague (i was so lethargic i couldn't be arsed explaining anything :H) that I'll get a blood test (in two weeks time) and go see him again in three weeks time. He's also said to have a smooch around this website - moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk to see if I think anything there springs out at me as to what I am feeling... and to report back to him.

He doesn't think it's physical - more in the head than in the body - and I tend to agree. He says to watch with me running cos sometimes runners run to make them feel better but actually make themselves feel worse if they're not feeding themselves well enough, so need to make sure I am getting enough energy.

So - still a bit of wait and see really.

Comment

RunningCourage;1453209 wrote: Evening troops :hiya:

Mr T - sorry to hear about yer ma. What is porphyria exactly? - had a look on wiki but wasn't understanding all the medical jargon. Anways - hope all gets better for her in the coming days.

Royally knackered with a friggin headache to boot. Dunno how doc went. Think alright, he says cos symptoms were vague (i was so lethargic i couldn't be arsed explaining anything :H) that I'll get a blood test (in two weeks time) and go see him again in three weeks time. He's also said to have a smooch around this website - moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk to see if I think anything there springs out at me as to what I am feeling... and to report back to him.

He doesn't think it's physical - more in the head than in the body - and I tend to agree. He says to watch with me running cos sometimes runners run to make them feel better but actually make themselves feel worse if they're not feeding themselves well enough, so need to make sure I am getting enough energy.

So - still a bit of wait and see really.
                        So RC - none the wiser eh ?
                        Blood tests will show more - so chin up.
                        But why so long to get the blood taken ?

Comment

satz123;1453216 wrote: So RC - none the wiser eh ?
                          Blood tests will show more - so chin up.
                          But why so long to get the blood taken ?
                          none the wiser for now Satz. Dunno why so long for the blood test, but the mood juice site - some of the stuff it advices you do to work out and work on feelings is to be done over a week, or few weeks, so maybe the doc wants me to do this and just see.

He wasn't too keen on quickly saying it's x, y, or z and seemed keen to see if it was something relatively straightforward.

Have to admit, not a great fan of going to docs when it's a head thing. Always feel like it's my fault, that I'm in the wrong for some reason

Comment

hello all, sorry to hear about your mum Tipps.

Comment

right, im off to bed but not before you hear my gratitude journal entry......

my daughter came down to me at 9 pm , she was having a problem in school she wanted to talk about. Instead of telling her to 'get back upstairs quick' , I stopped what I was doing and I listened, really listened and she went back to bed feeling heard and better about herself. Normally at that time I would have rushed her through it and speedily put her back to bed so I could get on with my can drinking. Now that is something to be really grateful for.

nite all and thanks for listening.......xx

Comment

limers;1453231 wrote: right, im off to bed but not before you hear my gratitude journal entry......

my daughter came down to me at 9 pm , she was having a problem in school she wanted to talk about. Instead of telling her to 'get back upstairs quick' , I stopped what I was doing and I listened, really listened and she went back to bed feeling heard and better about herself. Normally at that time I would have rushed her through it and speedily put her back to bed so I could get on with my can drinking. Now that is something to be really grateful for.

nite all and thanks for listening.......xx
                                :l:l
                                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X