Still Going Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Going Good

I'm amazed how great I feel. Up at 5:17 AM and already working. I really like my life with out alcohol. I'm very low key about quitting and nobody has noticed or said a word about it. I have been concentrating on my music and my business. I wish I had continued from my last quit instead of drinking for two years, I'd have four years in now. Oh well what's past is past. Eating a really healthy diet and drinking lot's of juice and water. My wife is so happy she glows. I forgot how much you can get done when you aren't drinking. Good luck to everyone. I have found this forum very helpful on my trip to an AF life. Thanks.

Still Going Good

This is a happy thread! So glad to hear. I suppose you know that you'll still be hit up with cravings along the way. Just don't forget this good feeling. It's only possible without the booze.

Comment

Still Going Good

Wow what a great story thanks for sharing!
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Still Going Good

Flyaway, The doc said I might not ever have cravings but if I do distract myself and they will subside shortly. I hope I don't but if i do it's something I will have to deal with. I can't believe how good my skin looks. I lost some weight in my face and my skin is smother and younger looking. Have much more energy. Lifted weights last night and slept great. Now I just have to get a haircut. Pretty much stayed in the past two weeks to deal with quitting and my hair is a little shaggy. Everybody thanks for your support.

Comment

Still Going Good

So pleased for you CanDo. Nice to hear your wife is glowing too. Every wife should glow.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Still Going Good

You won't have any more physical cravings or symptoms, but the psychological repair takes time. I'd be surprised if you weren't hit by cravings at some point. But hopefully you'll be a lucky one with that.

Comment

Still Going Good

I am very proud of you. It's great to see someone who has determination and the power within themselves to succeed!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Still Going Good

now this is the kind of story i like to read about on here,you keep it up
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Still Going Good

Thaks for the smile and waarm fuzzies! Great post, we need more of these you sound like a well deserved million bux. *huugs*

Comment

Still Going Good

Early mornings are something I am starting to enjoy as we'll , god I missed so much of my life drinking . Thanks for a great post.
                    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Still Going Good

Lovely post....long may it last.

Comment

Still Going Good

Hi 199, you beat me by two days. Congratulations and good luck. I love early morning and missed a lot of them in the past two years. Like to have my coffee and a smoke to start my day on the patio in good or bad weather. My dad was a navigator in WW2 and the Korean conflict and taught me a lot about stars. I have been getting up and watching the winter sky. I saw Jupiter and Mars before I quit and got his old navigation book out and started trying to find the constellations by matching the pictures of the winter sky in Northern latitudes to what I was looking at. Lots of fun. Maybe I'll take up astronomy as a hobby. Who knows. I have time now because I'm not wasting it doing you know what.

Comment

Still Going Good

You sound wonderful inoicandoit! It's so nice to read happy posts. Have a great day!
                          :notes:
                          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Still Going Good

This is a very happy time for me. I am so lucky to have woken up and not having any withdrawal or cravings. I'm way past withdrawal the Doc said so not worried about that. The positive energy from this forum is amazing. Thanks.

Comment

Still Going Good

I have been following you and I am so happy for you and your wife
                              YAY!!!!!
                              Be srong and diligent, ok??
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X