Something sobor to think about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twenty six years of sobriety. That sobriety started when I accepted the notion that alcohol was the root of all my problems which were jail, fights, hangovers, dui's, car wrecks, unemployment, failed relationships, cuts, scraps, and bruises of mind and body! After that it been all up hill not in the sense of a hard way to go but the longer I stayed sobor the better things got and amazing the way things work out!
    Sobriety demands respect. You can't disrespect it by serving alcohol, making it or drinking it even in the lowest content!
    You can look the world over for what you want only when you come home you find what you need.
    Smoking is very addictive my bother in law smoked for 50 years he often said he would like to quit he tried all the tricks, gadgets and meds to kick the cravings. He had open heart surgery after six months or so I had asked him if he is still smoke free and he said yes! I ask if he had the craving for a smoke after? He said he didn't crave not one bit. He's still not smoking.
    A good friend smoked for 40 years and his dad passed away from lung cancer. He never had a smoke after he buried his dad.
    Look to yourself for strength instead of that magic pill.
    Above everything I've posted CONVINCE YOURSELF THAT THERE ISN'T ANYTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR SOBRIETY!

Great post!! You just revealed the secret.....there is no secret.

Congrats on your long term sobriety! I have found out much like you life gets alot easier and better when alcohol is not a part of it.

Thanks!!

Comment

You can look the world over for what you want only when you come home you find what you need.

I love your post, thank you. Life is so much better without it no doubt about it.
      I particularly like the quote above.
      26 years, fantastic, much respect for you x

Comment

So true. I totaly agree, Thanks for sharing

Comment

Your welcome.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Ificanyoucan;1453114 wrote:
              Sobriety demands respect.
              You're dead-on with that one. Thanks for the great post.
              AF 6 years
              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Great post. X
                AF since 2nd Oct 2012
                Day by day

Comment

Working...
                X