Army Thread 30th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th January

Good morning Starteroo, Tipperoooo, Sweetypea, Reccybear, Mariooooooooo, Pinkles,

Limers, just had a read back from last night. Aww love, that warmed the auld cockles of my heart.

:yay: 60 days Runners. I was all over the place when I first started out. First 30 days I could have ruled the world while ironing, cooking and cleaning. Then a large lump of what ifs. It's a blooming roller coaster ride we're on. You're such a good writer can you keep a sort of mood diary......Just a thought.

Big :l being sent to Ma of Tips.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Morning Tipps, Reccy, Marioman, Mushypea, JC, Starts and Limers and all the rest of youse hiding out.

'Nother long day today. Orf to Edinburgh tonight, will be good for change of scenery though.

Thank yous all for the day 60 well done's. Hmmm ... yup 60 days. JC, you are right it is a rollercoaster. To be honest, just now i'm on one of the wee dips bit of the coaster :H But no real desire to drink. The daily habit has been broken (though to go back to it would take about 10 - 15 seconds), just need to get through this fecking stupid "woe me" stage :H ...

The addictive part of me still misses it, can still romaticise it and still looks at situations i did drink in and go "eh, bugger me, that does look SO welcoming, what the feck am i doing out here in the cold world of sobriety?!" But I know that's the addiction speaking, not me. As i've said before - the addictive part of me wants to get drunk, not have a drink. There's a difference.

It's a process. Hmmm... I am though still very much a newbie. Kuya and Molls have recently made good points about hanging onto and closely listening to those old timers who have done years of sobriety when they both first started... and indeed still do... i do this too. Both those who have been successful in long term sobriety and those who have been here a wee while and are still working their own way through the struggle have each very wise thoughts and reflections on the ol' AL business. Thank you all for helping me. Really, the army has been such a positive addition to my life in working this all through. Makes me proud to be part of it.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Just a quickie (ooooooooh errrrrrrr) good morning, Runners. I'z off to work.
        Just a morning shift. See y'all in abit.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

mario;1453377 wrote: Suppose I will have to go and awake Mrs mario to clean them up

:surrender::boxer::toasted::huh: Just joking people.
          sounds about right!!!:H:H

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Rc, just seen your 60 days! Wow, well done, it all adds up.

Ive had a few blah days but im determined to make it this time, I want a life and head free of thinking about that shit! No going back now....

Ive emailed wips posts from the tool box thread to myself, they are there on my phone whenever I need to look at them.

Starty, im going to try and do a positive , gratuitous thought of the day , every day, regarding my alcohol free thoughts, why not??!! Lol! Life is so much better without it after all..............

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Good afternoon. Some very thought provoking posts this morning:thanks:

Been out for a little run and escape from the house.

A bit fed up with being the person everyone brings their problems/kids/cats too. Perhaps I tried to make myself indispenable to remedy my past behaviour.

So I am putting myself 1st instead of building up petty resentments. I realise that only me is responsible for my own happiness.

Does that sound selfish?

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Wow, that was quick! My passport arrived already. I only sent the application form on Friday! :goodjob:

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

anon;1453448 wrote: Good afternoon. Some very thought provoking posts this morning:thanks:

Been out for a little run and escape from the house.

A bit fed up with being the person everyone brings their problems/kids/cats too. Perhaps I tried to make myself indispenable to remedy my past behaviour.

So I am putting myself 1st instead of building up petty resentments. I realise that only me is responsible for my own happiness.

Does that sound selfish?
                  Hi whizzy That was an xpost.

The number one thing is your sobriety, so building up resentments, whether petty or not, is not a good idea. If you were to go back to drinking in a big way again, what use would you be to your family? And we're all entitled to a bit of happiness. So, no, it doesn't sound selfish.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Thank you Reccie. Glad you got your passport so quickly.

Dead windy here so sitting in front of the fire eating more homemade soup.

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

morning/afternoon army
                      congrats RC!!
                      how are you feeling LPC....I am still amazed at you!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Good morning/arvo!

Sorry to hear about your Mum Tipps. I have no idea what porhyria is but I hope they get a handle on it toute de suite...

Congratulations on 60 days Arsey!!! :goodjob:

I hear you on breaking the daily habit but still having the mind chatter... one of the therapists called it "the committee that meets in her head". It's good to remind ourselves how shite we felt with the grog... the fun parts were much minimized by the sore heads, achey bones and dodgy tummies! And Mollers is spot on... every time we ignore a "positive memory" about drinking it destroys a bit of the neural pathway associated with it. None of it happens overnight though, more's the pity!

Reccy... I haven't lost ANYTHING and I never do when I quit... if anything I gain. Effin' bummer! :durn: I read your link and totally agree that it's all the crap I eat when I'm drinking that makes me fat.......... and all the crap that I eat when I'm NOT drinking that makes me fat!!! The answer is... Stop Eating Rubbish! (Dammit!)

Yoo Hooos to everyone else! How are you feeling since you started back on the meds Pinky?

I'm orf back to the gym today. It's a new gym for me as the old one closed and we got "grandfathered" into this one at a very cheap rate so I think I'm going to be well pleased as it sounds like a really nice gym. (I haven't seen it yet.) It's even closer than the last one so an added bonus. And it's beside the frigginsupermarket so I can kill two birds with one stone.

And I'm starting IOP tonight (it's been switched from morning to evening). Fingers crossed that it's a helpful course.

Happy Hump Day to the crew...

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

:hallo: Army

:goodjob: on yer 60 days, Arsey!!!

Mum has to stay in hospital for another night. She looks much better than she did last night, though. The physician has told her that she must avoid the sun at all costs with the porphyria. That was the most likely cause, and not one of the antibiotics she had been taking. She was more purple than red on her arms, neck and face. He also picked up an issue with some of her meds, so her chronic prescription will be adjusted accordingly.
                          I'll do whatever it takes
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Zenstyle;1453513 wrote: Reccy... I haven't lost ANYTHING and I never do when I quit... if anything I gain. Effin' bummer! :durn: I read your link and totally agree that it's all the crap I eat when I'm drinking that makes me fat.......... and all the crap that I eat when I'm NOT drinking that makes me fat!!! The answer is... Stop Eating Rubbish! (Dammit!)
                            :H:H:H

tiptronic_ct;1453535 wrote:
                            Mum has to stay in hospital for another night. She looks much better than she did last night, though. The physician has told her that she must avoid the sun at all costs with the porphyria. That was the most likely cause, and not one of the antibiotics she had been taking. She was more purple than red on her arms, neck and face. He also picked up an issue with some of her meds, so her chronic prescription will be adjusted accordingly.
                            Hi tips...that sounds like good news. I'm very pleased for you...and your mum, of course.

Tax return filed in record time! :yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Pleased to hear about your Mum Tipps. (Mine is allergic to a lot of different meds too...)

Good going on the tax return Reccy. I feel like I just did mine and already I'm getting more crapola in the mail for the next one...

We keep getting power outages and I need for the bugger to stay on so I can put the a/c, washer etc. back on and go out. Harumph...

Comment

Army Thread 30th January

Quick charge into & out of Skiverville

They have me worked to the bone here :mad-door:

:hello: Army !!!!

off home now but ......................
                                :illbeback:

Comment

Working...
                                X