Day 3 for me the big one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my previous experience if I can get past the first 3 days AF then I seem go on for weeks and find them much easier.
    The first 3 days are my toughest and tomorrow is day 4
    Someone told me it takes 3 days for alcohol to get out your system so mentally i must of set myself a 3 day goal lol whatever it is it seems to be my milestone
    Its easier not to start than stop

Grind through it and you will be on your way , good things await. Good luck.
    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

You will do it. Check back in when you are AF on day four!

Go get em tiger!
      If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Great attitude, GMC! Stay close to the forum today. Feel free to park yourself in the Newbie's Nest all day and post how you are feeling. If you feel like you want to drink, come tell us and we'll help you stay strong and AF.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Positive vibes to you for strength through the rest of the day and let's look onward to Day 4 and beyond!

Comment

gmc38609;1453366 wrote: In my previous experience if I can get past the first 3 days AF then I seem go on for weeks and find them much easier.
            The first 3 days are my toughest and tomorrow is day 4
            Someone told me it takes 3 days for alcohol to get out your system so mentally i must of set myself a 3 day goal lol whatever it is it seems to be my milestone
            You can do it. I KNOW YOU CAN. You can get sober and stay SOBER. This time 4 sure!
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Well done, I agree day 3 somehow feels good, I think it's because physically your back in track. Good luck
              AF since 2nd Oct 2012
              Day by day

Comment

Thanks for the support guys, this site is great I spent years looking for support groups etc but never had the courage to attend AA etc and could not afford rehab. This is my third attempt in a year to try and kick the booze and all since I joined here so Bravo MWO and its members.
                I read on here someone suggest Chromium to help with the sugar craving and it works very well, so maybe I will lose some weight this time :O)

Comment

Hey GMC, how was your day? Wishing you all the best...hang in there!
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

How are things going? Check in when you can I have faith you will make it
                    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

its all good here I got a bit of an urge about 6.30pm then it went again. When I am drinking I think drink all day that's not good is it. Thanks for asking guys and I hope you are all good and well.
                      I m in for the long haul now

Comment

Thats what I like to hear .... keep it up. It only gets better.

Comment

Yea all good here I slept really well last night which is always a good sign. There is nothing better than a good AF nights sleep :O) So I am over the physical withdrawal side now just the mental urges
                          Hope you are all good and well ?

Comment

Doing well. Just a quick check in! How are you doing?

Kicking butt?

Comment

gmc38609;1454766 wrote: Yea all good here I slept really well last night which is always a good sign. There is nothing better than a good AF nights sleep :O) So I am over the physical withdrawal side now just the mental urges
                              Hope you are all good and well ?
                              Hooray for getting over the hump! The mental stuff is tough, but doable. Just stick close with us. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X