The Myth of Discipline - some ramblings from Marty Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no such thing as discipline. There is only love. Love is the most powerful creative force in the universe.

You are the result of what you love most. You either love booze more than being sober.

Don?t beat yourself up that you have no discipline or further drown yourself in a sea of booze.

Admit that you like crappy booze more than you love being sober.

Or ask yourself this, what do you really love? Self-esteem is the reflection of self-judgment. One of the best ways to raise self-esteem is to make truly loving choices that lead to increased strength of body and mind.

At the restaurant, if you truly love yourself, you pass on the wine, and ask for some more limes for the water. Limes alkalize your body which in turn helps your bones, muscles and your ability to deal with stress.

When you are faced with difficult choices, ask yourself, in context of course, what would a loving knowledgeable expert recommend?

How to free yourself from the outdated concept of discipline:

1. Accept that all your choices are reflections of what you truly love.

2. Love is the greatest creative force of the Universe. Use it wisely.

3. Choose to love yourself more than external things.

4. Treating yourself well accelerates the growth of your self-esteem.

5. When people comment on your results and say things like ?Wow you have a lot discipline? answer ?No, I just make loving choices for myself. Reinforcing your own positive behavior will help you grow in strength.

6. What you appreciate appreciates. Whenever you make a truly loving choice, say to yourself ?Thank you for taking care of me in a loving way?. The more you talk to yourself like a loving parent, the faster you will grow.

7. Always reward behavior/effort not qualities. For example, you made a better choice, and you say to yourself, ?You are great.? There is a better approach. Instead, say to yourself: ?I am impressed with the ability to make the right choice out of love for myself.?

8. Learn how to meditate.
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Lovely post Marty

Comment

Great perspective! Many of us do hate ourselves after abusing alcohol, the bad things alcohol does to our bodies and lives. Learn to love yourself is a good strategy.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;1453421 wrote: Great perspective! Many of us do hate ourselves after abusing alcohol, the bad things alcohol does to our bodies and lives. Learn to love yourself is a good strategy.
        Perfect sumary! Thanks Sunbeam
        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

I agree Martye. Excellent post. Thanks! :thanks:
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Interesting and inspiring! Thank you for sharing the LOVE...all the best to you.
            "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Persephone1;1453977 wrote: Interesting and inspiring! Thank you for sharing the LOVE...all the best to you.
              And to you Persephone

Comment

Many truths in that post Martye

Comment

Very Well said Martye..

Thank you.

rednose
                  All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Treating yourself well accelerates the growth of self esteem...Im writing that down! Not always easy to remember.

Comment

I am getting it as a Tatto

Comment

Lol! Love it! Self esteem : a work in progress

Comment

Not that I like tattos but after a year free from booze I am going to get 365 tatto on my wrist

Comment

- totally get why you would do that if I were to do a tat to represent my sobriety, I'd do a line under my foot for every day I didn't drink and walked the earth sober or something like that...hopefully I'd run out of space...lol

Comment

Love it Marty! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X