The Myth of Discipline - some ramblings from Marty Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty - gonna copy this into the Tool thread? This is a great post.

Comment

Terrific post. Thank you!
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Martye, you should add this to the tool box thread, under monthly abstinance.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

RunningCourage;1454100 wrote: Marty - gonna copy this into the Tool thread? This is a great post.
          Not a problem, what ever will help people Feel free to add it if you want?
          If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Excellent post!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

?The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..?
              ― John Milton, Paradise Lost
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Did you all love yourself today?
                If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Yep, loved myself all the way to 7 days poison free! :h

Honestly, I've been fortunate in that I only had a few hours all week that I was stressed and tempted. Generally, doing quite well and happy :H

Thanks for asking... How are you today?

Cheers to a poison free weekend!!!!
                  "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Persephone1;1455283 wrote: Yep, loved myself all the way to 7 days poison free! :h

Honestly, I've been fortunate in that I only had a few hours all week that I was stressed and tempted. Generally, doing quite well and happy :H

Thanks for asking... How are you today?

Cheers to a poison free weekend!!!!
                    I am fantastic! Thanks for asking And your lovely self?

Comment

Happy Saturday! I'm a very well today, day 8. No desire what-so-ever to poison myself. It's physically out of my system and I've been doing really good things for myself in my intensive-care-cabin out on the lake. I am enjoying how good it feels to wake up without hangovers, clear mind, dealing with issues head on, loving life, family & friends. I'm just so grateful. Anything new in your world?

All the best..
                      "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

The only thing new in my world is I am sober And feeling better. Best in 15 years

Comment

martye;1455791 wrote: The only thing new in my world is I am sober And feeling better. Best in 15 years
                          Wonderful :l

Comment

I hope everyone is loving themself!

Can someone put this in the tool box it has been suggested it would suit?

Comment

Everyone loving them self?

Comment

Working...
                              X