Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 30 day diary to help myself

Failure +try , failure +try ,failure + try and so on....= Success

So never give up the hope and please don't be shamed to post here your failure so many fellows are here to offer the solution.
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Thank you all very much for your kind words and support , have found it very tough this weekend not drinking . I had a chat my wife and told her i wasnt just taking a break from drinking and really want to quit.
      In the past , i would say i am quitting for a while for a race or to get fitter.
      My previous quits were easier than this , which i suppose how the addiction progresses.
      So along with a heart to heart , a few tears , this site , maybe this time i wont have any more lapses.
      I am going to order the mwo book today also.
      Also , could anyone recommend over the counter vitamins ? That help with cravings , want to take any help that i can , but prefer not to go down the route of baclofen etc.

Also , just want to mention that my Dad is 18 months sober thanks to Aa .
      Alcohol almost killed him , but he is such a great man nowadays ,has so much time now for myself , my mam and my brother and sisters.

I will leave you on this . I have great support from my wife . The way my fathers life has turned around , and this amazing site . I have the tools to beat this and i am going to give it my all !!!

Thanks for listening
      Damo x
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

Hi Damo your doing all the right thing's , telling your wife was hard to do but also very important in fully accepting that you have a problem and that you have no real choice but get sober. This will make this easier not a walk in the park but easier, you have great support around you esp in your father who will know what your are going through (if you decide to tell him that is) .
        you will do this again , don't forget HALT, addressing these feeling saved me a few times.MM
        AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Damo,

Glad to hear you've made it through this weekend and that you have the support of your wife and Dad.

Best wishes xo

Comment

Survived a FRIDAY , delighted !!! , worked really long hrs this wk due to staff illness ...... Driving home this evening and the al brain trying to convince i "deserved" a beer after such a tough working week.
            But remembered guitar mans advice to think it through. Talked to myself out loud and realised it wont be worth it i 'd regret it for that ridiculous short buzz i get after 3 beers.
            Read here a bit when i got home , tks k9 for your mantra in another thread.
            Big thanks also to ben and jerrys caramel chew chew and lovely coffee .
            Goodnight all , hope you all continue with a lovely sober weekend
            Thank you
            Damo in dublin
            X
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Way to go Damo!!! That's the way to do it. :h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
              X