Dog Health Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Health Question

K9, we have kept momentos of both of the dogs we've had whose lives have ended. For one I got a shadow box in which we put his collar and tags with a photo. The other's collar and tags are on a shelf with a framed photo.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Dog Health Question

I'm glad she's doing better K9. You will know by her eyes & body language when it's time for her to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

I've never heard of Freeze Dried. We took our~my first dogs ashes to his fave spot at the beach where he loved to chase seagulls. It took us about two yrs. We still have our Labs ashes in a flower box. This June it will be 3 yrs. Plan to take it to his fave river spot where he swam... There is no right or wrong timing.... Our memories today are happy, cherished....

We have garden stones with paw prints, their names, dates as memorials.. They live forever, & are forever in our hearts. We know for sure, we will be with them again one day, kitties to.

Our first dog's circumstances were sad, unique... We believe his spirit stayed a while here. His picture flew off our piano & dropped behind it. There was an eyewitness to this event. No alcohol.. He use to leave tufts of his pure white fur at the back door, then there was the mysterious mini sunflower planted in front of his doghouse... We knew he was OK.... I stopped crying & my healing began... Well hubs cried to, he died on his b-day... He was poisoned, only six yrs old.

Just go with what Sandy tells you & enjoy each day... We all know how much you love her & she knows it too!!!!.... :h :l

Comment

Dog Health Question

freeze dried?

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Dog Health Question

Overit44;1458180 wrote: freeze dried?
          Yeppers! I looked it up. It's a type of taxidermy. I'm not sure if that would be a comfort or if it would be a constant reminder of how much I miss them?...maybe alittle of both? :upset: My heart hurts just thinking of it.

Abagail just jumped in my lap and kissed my face.... Now I feel happy again!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Dog Health Question

Freeze Drying slowly removes all moisture from the body...it can take between 12-18 weeks for the proceedure to be complete. Yes, it is sort of morbid and my daughter is right, seeing her body but knowing her spirit was gone would be too hard. I have my Charlie in a box on the fireplace...with his photos and a little tuft of hair :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dog Health Question

K9

I think it would be a very painful reminder and wouldn't really be preserving the part of her that made her "her" if that makes sense.

I hope you don't have to think about this for a very long time, but when you do, did you know that you can have her ashes made into a diamond? I think that's quite a beautiful way to keep her close and express how beautiful she is to you:

Pet Memories - Pet Ashes - Remember Love | DNA2Diamonds
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Dog Health Question

Wow...thanks Glass! Now that's pretty cool...you could wear it and always have it with you. I will keep that in mind...but like you said, I hope it's a LONG way away...
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dog Health Question

Glad to hear that she's feeling better.

Comment

Working...
                  X