Army thread 31/01/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 31/01/2013

Thanks, she had her daughter when she was 16. That was the trigger for her to overeat.:upset:

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Good morning Army!

Big hugs to you Mrs A :l ... 41 in way to young... her poor daughter. (

And big hugs to Jacks :l ... she was very cut up about her cousin when I talked to her earlier in the week... I think the alcoholism factor makes it hard for us, especially when it's close friends and/or family.

Mama... try not to be feeling bad for the tenant... I know it's hard not to but you're only doing your job and protecting yourself, your assistant and the rest of the community there.

Off to grab another cuppa joe... brb...

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

anon;1454249 wrote: Thanks, she had her daughter when she was 16. That was the trigger for her to overeat.:upset:
        Oh my God ! that is so sad Ms A :l

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Zenstyle;1454261 wrote: Good morning Army!

Big hugs to you Mrs A :l ... 41 in way to young... her poor daughter. (

And big hugs to Jacks :l ... she was very cut up about her cousin when I talked to her earlier in the week... I think the alcoholism factor makes it hard for us, especially when it's close friends and/or family.

Mama... try not to be feeling bad for the tenant... I know it's hard not to but you're only doing your job and protecting yourself, your assistant and the rest of the community there.

Off to grab another cuppa joe... brb...
          How ar you today Ms Zenners ?:l

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

I've decided I've had enough of this job folks !
            Wanted to go sick this morning - that's a real sign !
            Want out !
            Want to do something else ! :stomper:
            Want Moller's job - talking to REAL people every day :goodjob:
            But a job in Boots would do
            There is talk again about redundancy package - so after 20 years I want to take the muzz & run !

So Army everyone together & send 'positive' thoughts for Benji to the universe.
            "ommmmmmmmmmm - let Benji go"

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

satz123;1454269 wrote: How ar you today Ms Zenners ?:l
              Better with a load of coffee in me!!! How are you?

Well, I went to IOP last night, followed by an AA meeting. I met the girls from rehab at the meeting as it's one the rehab always takes the inmates-sorry-clients to. I collected my 30 day chip last night. The meetings I've been to (with rehab) since I made 30 were NA meetings and I didn't feel it was the place for me to pick up my chip (keyring in NA).

I didn't get a proper "feel" for IOP as we had a temporary therapist (the regular one was off sick) and she didn't cover the course material, we all just shared our concerns. I was pee-tested for drugs and given a breathalyser test for alcohol, then I got a stern talking-to about all the roolz & regs ("yer out if you do THIS and yer out if you do THAT..."). It's hard to surrender your dignity for pee tests and rules that you would never break anyway, but being humble is a part of recovery... there is no room for arrogance... so I've learnt to submit to the petty indignities. :new:

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

satz123;1454273 wrote: I've decided I've had enough of this job folks !
                Wanted to go sick this morning - that's a real sign !
                Want out !
                Want to do something else ! :stomper:
                Want Moller's job - talking to REAL people every day :goodjob:
                But a job in Boots would do
                There is talk again about redundancy package - so after 20 years I want to take the muzz & run !

So Army everyone together & send 'positive' thoughts for Benji to the universe.
                "ommmmmmmmmmm - let Benji go"
                Wow! Are you really thinking of leaving? How long have you been doing it?

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Zenstyle;1454274 wrote: Better with a load of coffee in me!!! How are you?

Well, I went to IOP last night, followed by an AA meeting. I met the girls from rehab at the meeting as it's one the rehab always takes the inmates-sorry-clients to. I collected my 30 day chip last night. The meetings I've been to (with rehab) since I made 30 were NA meetings and I didn't feel it was the place for me to pick up my chip (keyring in NA).

I didn't get a proper "feel" for IOP as we had a temporary therapist (the regular one was off sick) and she didn't cover the course material, we all just shared our concerns. I was pee-tested for drugs and given a breathalyser test for alcohol, then I got a stern talking-to about all the roolz & regs ("yer out if you do THIS and yer out if you do THAT..."). It's hard to surrender your dignity for pee tests and rules that you would never break anyway, but being humble is a part of recovery... there is no room for arrogance... so I've learnt to submit to the petty indignities. :new:
                  Aw :l:l Zenners - that sounds horrible !

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Zenstyle;1454276 wrote: Wow! Are you really thinking of leaving? How long have you been doing it?
                    Zenners - I am 20 years here in a few different roles - but I feel my life slipping away and no real job satisfaction - ye know ?
                    I love the HUMAN side of Human Resources -but that is drying up as everything is now automated.
                    Got a phone call from an employee there & got VERY excited to be able to help him 1:1

Time to move on but not going without a payout !

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Afternoon army

Not read back but quick update : told em I'm not going into the city centre travelling an hour and half each way and forking out ?18 a day on parking - they weren't happy !! In fact the general gist was "be prepared to look for another job pdq" !!!

I said ill cross that bridge when I come to it - feck em - like you satzerooney after 20 years of qsing I'd give it all up tomorrow and go and collect trolleys at frigginasda

Oh, and hubs great auntie died today - ugs to mrs a for her loss - at least auntie had a good innings - she was 90 odd - still sad but not 41 :-(
                      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

satz123;1454281 wrote: Aw :l:l Zenners - that sounds horrible !
                        It's not really so bad... now. I've got used to it! Once I've met all the therapists, and they see I'm not about to cause aggro, it will be fine.

I was glad to see that the rest of the girls in the group are all there because they want to be... no court mandated people... so I'm expecting it to be smooth sailing and not like the daily drama in rehab.

I spoke to my second room mate last night... she's been ordered to go to a half-way house and she's not allowed to go home to her kids (she has three young ones). She drove drunk with them in the car before rehab. Man... you think you have problems until you listen to other peoples woes. Anyway, she's going to a half way down the road from me on Monday so I'll probably start going to AA meetings with her a couple of times a week.

This has been a real eye opening experience for me. I've really seen how bad things can get... and it's frightening to think of the mess I could create for myself if I carried on down the AL path.

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Hiya Questy! X-post.

Sorry for your loss hon... :l She had a good life-span though, for sure...

(You and Satzy are going to be fighting over the trolleys at friggintescos at this rate!)

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

:hallo: Zenners,

Yes, humility is part of the process. It sucks, doesn't it? :H:H

But it is necessary. Our arrogance helped get us to where we are.

Hun, you are right about how bad it can get. I am way ahead of you on that front.

Let's stay sober, girl. We can do anything we want as long as we don't drink.

What we can do from now on will make the achievements of the past a minor note in our lives.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

satz123;1454282 wrote: Zenners - I am 20 years here in a few different roles - but I feel my life slipping away and no real job satisfaction - ye know ?
                              I love the HUMAN side of Human Resources -but that is drying up as everything is now automated.
                              Got a phone call from an employee there & got VERY excited to be able to help him 1:1

Time to move on but not going without a payout !
                              The payout sounds like a plan!!!

I reckon life is too short to be doing a job you're miserable in, and I'm sure with all your experience you and Questy won't have too much problem finding something you like.

I have to tackle my work situation myself, and will have to get on the ball and start sorting things out. Yet MORE to deal with! Too much *sorting* going on in my world at the mo! :H

Comment

Army thread 31/01/2013

Cinders;1454294 wrote: :hallo: Zenners,

Yes, humility is part of the process. It sucks, doesn't it? :H:H

But it is necessary. Our arrogance helped get us to where we are.

Hun, you are right about how bad it can get. I am way ahead of you on that front.

Let's stay sober, girl. We can do anything we want as long as we don't drink.

What we can do from now on will make the achievements of the past a minor note in our lives.

Love,
                                Cindi
                                You understand how it goes with the "process" over here, and I bet you know where I'm at right now... :l

Honestly, humility never killed anyone... but drugs and booze will. And I can't say as how my ideas on how to run my life have worked very well either!!! :H So I'm taking suggestions, even if I'm not 100% liking it...

Comment

Working...
                                X