February Undies and Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone!!! Did I start a thread......

TGIF.....that's all I'll say about that!

But, I'll say this about other stuff....

So, here I am and the command desk and I doubt I'm even awake. I couldn't sleep so I was up and at it before the birds started. I was doing a few things and noticed their little chirps and thought, usually I'm just trying to lift the old eyelids when I hear that. Nice way to start the day - I'm so organised I'm scared!!!

It's been a hurler of a week here and I'm hoping to really put some dents into things today.

Cinders - I like that little saying. There's a few people on my list I'd let eat crumbly stuff in my bed.... For example - Denzel Washington, Kevin Costner, Vince Colisimo (?).... I could go on for a while here - but I won't. Definitely NOT Shane Bloody Warne!!

I wonder if Mr G is already bobbing up and down in the ocean. How cool would an early morning dip in the sea be? Anyway, if you are, here's your salute for when you make your exit from the waves.

Tawny, I hope you arranged your affairs neatly. It is important to be neat and organised. I have double checked the image this morning and there are no crooked seams....nails are clean and tidy, hair is clean and well arranged, teeth are scrubbed and hopefully breath isn't offensive. So far, so good.

Lovely to see you Lilly.

Bridge - we've got a few robyn gordons to plant this weekend and guess what arrives this afternoon for a weekend stay over....another skip bin! FH has chopped down the dead trees from around the front and dug up lots of tree roots that have been left for years. The ground is much easier to mess with since the rain last weekend so we are taking advantage of that and going for it this weekend. I like the physical activity by me old body has a groan afterwards.

Where IS Reg - and Olive?

Special smooch to our Techie!!!

He Neva - nice to see you lately! My daughter is heading off to the US this morning for three weeks to teach vets how to do stem cell stuff. She's my little scientist...and the glue that holds our family, so we will all miss her lots.

Anyway, I should make some hay........coffee first though!

Love yous all. Have a beautifully fabulous day and remember hatred is diminished by love - so give generously!!! It's kinda cool being nice to someone you know just hates your guts.....makes me smile.

MWAH
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

:H Morning Nicey! Happy February all Undies and Ovaries...

Raining again but its pleasant not driving rain. Off to get the locusts away...and yes it is very nice to see the Overpeople here, well in January and hopefully here in February...have a lovely day all...

Comment

So, I DID start a thread.....WONDERFUL!!!

Thanks Tawny for giving me the heads up about the new month...

Haps, I posted this on the other thread (as well as the first addition to this thread).

Oh....and, Haps, Oscar said you are an absolute treasure and he particularly loved the extra scratches behind his left ear!

Lilly still isn't speaking to us - no doubt she will throw up somewhere strategic to have the last say.

Lady Dharma said Oscar and Lilly weren't that well mannered while you were there, but that's typical of them.

Sending a little extra love today to say thanks again!
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Morning Noicey, Happy, Tawny, and doodyheads near and not so far,

Hey Noicey, you might like this (and i know you aren't anywhere near as incompetent as following story). I was recently formally disciplined for missing an appointment with a worker from another service (who i rang 30 minutes later to apologise and square it. Apology accepted and we got on with our convo). My only missed appt in 3 years of service, so a conversation about this, rather than formal discipline would've been more appropriate, and a win win for all, says he who stuffed up. So, management have put me on record keeping training and associated principles for a few weeks lol. I've welcomed it, and found it useful actually. The beauty of this whole reactionary charade is that my manager missed her appointment with me for record keeping last week, with no correspondence/cancellation notification, and my team leader also missed an appointment with a client who rang me to ask where was team leader to transport him to a Dr's appointment! Pure magic, i tell's ya. So, i've emailed said manager and cc'd senior management, mentioning this debacle and double standard's, and reminding them all that i am thoroughly enjoying and embracing the principles of record keeping that i'm learning, and look forward to the next session. Err, when is the next session guy's? My leadership group is a little high and mighty sometimes, and fairly incompetent in many area's, so a little nudge from the front line to pull their heads in. I'm looking forward to their response next week. I'm loving it.

Orf to see James, then a swim in the bay. Hope all are well.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1454563 wrote: Morning Noicey, Happy, Tawny, and doodyheads near and not so far,

Hey Noicey, you might like this (and i know you aren't anywhere near as incompetent as following story). I was recently formally disciplined for missing an appointment with a worker from another service (who i rang 30 minutes later to apologise and square it. Apology accepted and we got on with our convo). My only missed appt in 3 years of service, so a conversation about this, rather than formal discipline would've been more appropriate, and a win win for all, says he who stuffed up. So, management have put me on record keeping training and associated principles for a few weeks lol. I've welcomed it, and found it useful actually. The beauty of this whole reactionary charade is that my manager missed her appointment with me for record keeping last week, with no correspondence/cancellation notification, and my team leader also missed an appointment with a client who rang me to ask where was team leader to transport him to a Dr's appointment! Pure magic, i tell's ya. So, i've emailed said manager and cc'd senior management, mentioning this debacle and double standard's, and reminding them all that i am thoroughly enjoying and embracing the principles of record keeping that i'm learning, and look forward to the next session. Err, when is the next session guy's? My leadership group is a little high and mighty sometimes, and fairly incompetent in many area's, so a little nudge from the front line to pull their heads in. I'm looking forward to their response next week. I'm loving it.

Orf to see James, then a swim in the bay. Hope all are well.

L8tr, Yo!
          Wankers........ Stats prove (over and over again) that if you go down the time management path with most employees the company/establishment usually ends up owing. I'm overseeing a management performance process at the moment and the manager of this person is in deep shite because they have no bloody clue. Interestingly, lots of people in management are clueless. I'm predicting a rather large payout to the employee being targeted.... Sometimes we need a little nudge (and I agree, it is good for the soul if it's done properly) but overall I am of the view it's swings and roundabouts in my neck of the woods.... Keep poking - sounds like they deserve it!!!

MWAH
          Mother Theresa

Comment

Hiya Noicey,

You're pulling a poets later aren't ya?

Yep, they do need a poke. My approach is always from a place of love though, as opposed to from a place of fear or 'tit for tat'. Well, this is the approach i try to use, even though at times i am absolutely fuming inside and wish i was CEO so i could tear strips off them....in a loving way of course. If they ask me what i would like to see happen, i will say a reflection on our org's mission statement, and what our purpose here is. I would also suggest 12 months of 'Reflective practice' (monthly sessions), which is a beaut and positive way to reflect on our own work practices and attitudes in a group setting with yer social work style counsellor/psychologist steering the sessions. Daunting maybe, but i'd love these eeedjits to do it as i think they would benefit. I have also avoided the huge temptation of sarcasm in my email address to the leadership group. Their actions or inaction speaks for itself.

Sorry all for the boring work speak.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Guitarista;1454577 wrote: Hiya Noicey,

You're pulling a poets later aren't ya?

Yep, they do need a poke. My approach is always from a place of love though, as opposed to from a place of fear or 'tit for tat'. Well, this is the approach i try to use, even though at times i am absolutely fuming inside and wish i was CEO so i could tear strips off them....in a loving way of course. If they ask me what i would like to see happen, i will say a reflection on our org's mission statement, and what our purpose here is. I would also suggest 12 months of 'Reflective practice' (monthly sessions), which is a beaut and positive way to reflect on our own work practices and attitudes in a group setting with yer social work style counsellor/psychologist steering the sessions. Daunting maybe, but i'd love these eeedjits to do it as i think they would benefit. I have also avoided the huge temptation of sarcasm in my email address to the leadership group. Their actions or inaction speaks for itself.

Sorry all for the boring work speak.
              Nah, I'm here for the long haul today brother!

Anytime you want a job there's a spot here for you my friend! At the top too..... I actually never see our little group here as me at the top and them underneath. We're all in the same playground and hoping for a fun filled day. It is always a bonus to work with like minded folk and it sounds like we're kindred spirits in this regard.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

nicelife;1454580 wrote: Nah, I'm here for the long haul today brother!

Anytime you want a job there's a spot here for you my friend! At the top too..... I actually never see our little group here as me at the top and them underneath. We're all in the same playground and hoping for a fun filled day. It is always a bonus to work with like minded folk and it sounds like we're kindred spirits in this regard.
                CEO? Ah, ok. Can i bring me guitar?

I've been wanting to get this stuff orf my chest for awhile, so thanks for listening Noicey, and i'm feeling much better having raised my leadership groups double standards and poor practice with them and their supervisors.

Back to normal programming.

Yo!

Comment

Well Noicey & G Bloke - you both sound like your smashing it!
                  Me? Well I make cups of tea & sandwiches for the old folk at the Bowlo now...serving others is good for me. I like it & the bowlers are lovely. And then I have a steady stream of sewing clients for the creative outlet...love that. Need that.
                  So, could Larry Emdurs teeth get any bigger?
                  February - lets gooooooooooo
                  :new:
                  Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

A Better Me;1454611 wrote: Well Noicey & G Bloke - you both sound like your smashing it!
                    Me? Well I make cups of tea & sandwiches for the old folk at the Bowlo now...serving others is good for me. I like it & the bowlers are lovely. And then I have a steady stream of sewing clients for the creative outlet...love that. Need that.
                    So, could Larry Emdurs teeth get any bigger?
                    February - lets gooooooooooo
                    :new:
                    G'day Cakes.

Serving others is good for the soul, i reckon. Cool stuff on your sewing clients. Making a bit of dosh from my creative efforts is always a huge buzz. Rock on Grinder!

Comment

Rock on, brother xo
                      Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

For Tawny...

The automobile dining Ground Hog....

These pics show the vile critter invading my fennel-mobile in the wee hours... Attached files [img]/converted_files/2043362=7390-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/2043362=7391-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Arvo all,

How cool is this???? Fennel's back and posting in the drawer. YAY!

Fen ... because I have no idea what a ground hog looks like, I can't make out what it's doing. From memory, I think you said it ate the wiring? So these were taken with critter cam? Tell us more and also tell us about your trip. We throb travel stories.

Bird - have you survived all that dreadful weather stuff? It must have been terrifying to be in a trailer in such horrendous conditions. Fill us in when you can.

Techie - 10,000 posts. One million words. Each and every one a pearl!

Cinders and Neva ... so good to have you visit us and tell us about crackers in the bed and other cross-cultural stuff of great import.

Arvo Undies and happy first of Feb. I've got heaps to say but need to tidy up my thoughts first ... this may take some little time.

Comment

OMG
                              We've had a temperature drop people!!!!
                              Even went out for lunch with the GF's without heatstroke. Yay!!!

^ Youz all sound chirpy today!
                              Mr G, that is the most absurd over-reaction I have ever heard of in management circles. They've got more time on their hands than I ever did in that job.

What is that possum thingo up there Fennel? What's it doing?
                              I love it when the Northern Hemisphere pop in.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X