Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February Undies and Friends

byebyebridgetjones;1454722 wrote:

What is that possum thingo up there Fennel? What's it doing?
    *snigger*
    That just sounds wrong.
    Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Oh .. ok .. I think I'm starting to get it. So in the first pic, the possum thingo is sitting on it's arse and it's head is stuck up under the chassis with it's right arm uplifted? What's it doing in the second pic but????

Comment

A Better Me;1454724 wrote: *snigger*
        That just sounds wrong.
        :H
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1454726 wrote: Oh .. ok .. I think I'm starting to get it. So in the first pic, the possum thingo is sitting on it's arse and it's head is stuck up under the chassis with it's right arm uplifted? What's it doing in the second pic but????
          Its doing yoga exercises...der....

Make that asanas....gotta be correct....

Comment

Arvo all,

G'day Fennel. Cook the bloody thing. Good to see you. How are ya?

Wild and wooly on the beach today. Just marvellous.

Did you get rain overnight like we did here Frog?

Youse are in for a treat in a minute.....

Nup, was gonna upload a pic or 2. Better try p/bucket. Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/at...ds-high-5c.jpg

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2043384=7392-attachment.jpg[/img]

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Mr.G - no rain here. BUT ... I so want to acknowledge how you've handled your workplace embuggerance. Grace ... dignity ... bloody ripper, mate.

Comment

Ta Frog.

Hope you get some rain soon.

Comment

Hello Undies,

Cinders,: Do you have any of those Ice cream recipes please?

You would've used the salt in the ice to keep it at cool temp. I had an American friend who lived in Canberra who bought with him one of those ice cream makers... we had a ball everyone taking a turn at turning the handle... hard work but yummy ice cream. These ice creams have salt in them... adds a zingy dimension of flavour, but it's getting done to death... plus I can't get hold of them where I live.

Am going to have a go at the cake Nigella made last night.... the one with 3 eggs and measures by the yoghurt pot. Bought some Gippsland yoghurt as the pot looked about the right size. Also going to have a crack at the ice cream from last weeks' episode, then tomorrow the Italian style roast chicken.

(This is trialling recipes for when our US friends are with us).

Managed to get a Toyota load of weeds to the tip then some reo rods (support stakes for some terracing I'm putting in) from the recycle centre and 2 pieces of conduit for my veggie patch (a guy beat me to a heap of it by 40 minutes) before the rain started pelting down.

Comment

Guitarista;1454577 wrote: Hiya Noicey,

You're pulling a poets later aren't ya?

Yep, they do need a poke. My approach is always from a place of love though, as opposed to from a place of fear or 'tit for tat'. Well, this is the approach i try to use, even though at times i am absolutely fuming inside and wish i was CEO so i could tear strips off them....in a loving way of course. If they ask me what i would like to see happen, i will say a reflection on our org's mission statement, and what our purpose here is. I would also suggest 12 months of 'Reflective practice' (monthly sessions), which is a beaut and positive way to reflect on our own work practices and attitudes in a group setting with yer social work style counsellor/psychologist steering the sessions. Daunting maybe, but i'd love these eeedjits to do it as i think they would benefit. I have also avoided the huge temptation of sarcasm in my email address to the leadership group. Their actions or inaction speaks for itself.

Sorry all for the boring work speak.
                      Oh dear Mr. G.,
                      Wish I had your insight. I am not in the good books with my Buddhist group as I shot of a couple of (slightly sarcastic and critical) emails to the committee without thinking through the consequences. I am not popular.

Comment

Guitarista;1454563 wrote: Morning Noicey, Happy, Tawny, and doodyheads near and not so far,

Hey Noicey, you might like this (and i know you aren't anywhere near as incompetent as following story). I was recently formally disciplined for missing an appointment with a worker from another service (who i rang 30 minutes later to apologise and square it. Apology accepted and we got on with our convo). My only missed appt in 3 years of service, so a conversation about this, rather than formal discipline would've been more appropriate, and a win win for all, says he who stuffed up. So, management have put me on record keeping training and associated principles for a few weeks lol. I've welcomed it, and found it useful actually. The beauty of this whole reactionary charade is that my manager missed her appointment with me for record keeping last week, with no correspondence/cancellation notification, and my team leader also missed an appointment with a client who rang me to ask where was team leader to transport him to a Dr's appointment! Pure magic, i tell's ya. So, i've emailed said manager and cc'd senior management, mentioning this debacle and double standard's, and reminding them all that i am thoroughly enjoying and embracing the principles of record keeping that i'm learning, and look forward to the next session. Err, when is the next session guy's? My leadership group is a little high and mighty sometimes, and fairly incompetent in many area's, so a little nudge from the front line to pull their heads in. I'm looking forward to their response next week. I'm loving it.

Orf to see James, then a swim in the bay. Hope all are well.

L8tr, Yo!
                        Would you like a loan of my portable brick wall?

Comment

Rags;1454761 wrote: Oh dear Mr. G.,
                          Wish I had your insight. I am not in the good books with my Buddhist group as I shot of a couple of (slightly sarcastic and critical) emails to the committee without thinking through the consequences. I am not popular.
                          G'day Rags,

I thought for a sec there you said you'd shot a couple of 'em! Just walk in there laughing like the Dalai Lama. I bet his habit of cracking up into hysterics whenever he's having a convo has saved his ass many a time.

Those emails would still represent how you feel or felt about a certain issue/s non? You expressed yourself and you were probably rightly angry. They can suck it up. Would calling a face to face meeting to express your views help?

A bit of rain about here.

P&L!

Comment

We had heaps of rain...did a roast as th weather called for it.
                            And yes, G Bloke, your unflappability in the face of idiocy is admirable. Something I can aspire to.
                            Rags - I can't imagine you being rude, sometimes folks take things waaaay too serious or get offended waaaaay too easily, it's a bloody minefield out there in society, sometimes.

I was blowing off some steam about someone to Mr Cakes (Mr Better? Nah)and he said simply 'yeah, people shit me too'. And sometimes they do, but not often.

Bonne sluffen.
                            Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

A very happy February to all Underoos and fellow Internationalists.
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

thingo...

at the phoenix open scottsdale tpc. watching some some great golf. lots of drunks already @ 10am :H i'm in a corporate box and now heading off to follow golfers starting off the 10th. I think scott verplank's threesome.

i've never seen so many people before. well, yes i have here last year lol
                                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X