Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February Undies and Friends

Arvo all

just had a lovely read back to see what ye were all up too, you are all sounding good..

love the link you posted Happy, popped out to the chemist and bought coconut oil, but they did'nt have the oil of oregano,they are going to get it in,also the cacoa powder.

perfect timing really for me, as I have a terrible alergy at the moment, my skin is so itchy all over my body, its driving me mad, wondering if its my thyroid medication, not long started a new batch.. Bridge have you any ideas on this problem....

off to organise something for dinner, not sure what to have yet

:l:l to all

Comment

G'day Lilly and Cakes,

Hope you get that itch sorted out Lilly!

Anyone tried Vegemite pulling? No? Bloody hopeless. Look, mums and dad's all over Straya have been scoffing a huge tablespoon of the stuff, mixed with avocado and lemon juice for years. Works wonders. And when yer finished, spit it out over yer herb patch. Me Grannie showed me this. This was way before the days of dynamic lifter (a little known vegemite derivative) and the like.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1455905 wrote: . And when yer finished, spit it out over yer herb patch.
        Just as one does when gifted stuff from The Cheesecake Shop.

GACK!!!!

Comment

Guitarista;1455905 wrote: G'day Lilly and Cakes,

Hope you get that itch sorted out Lilly!

Anyone tried Vegemite pulling? No? Bloody hopeless. Look, mums and dad's all over Straya have been scoffing a huge tablespoon of the stuff, mixed with avocado and lemon juice for years. Works wonders. And when yer finished, spit it out over yer herb patch. Me Grannie showed me this. This was way before the days of dynamic lifter a little known vegemite derivative) and the like.
          :H:H:H
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

tawnyfrog;1455913 wrote: Just as one does when gifted stuff from The Cheesecake Shop.

GACK!!!!
            We all long for details. Well I do anyway :H

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

tawnyfrog;1455913 wrote: Just as one does when gifted stuff from The Cheesecake Shop.

GACK!!!!
              Was that the 'everything' that they brought with them?:H

Lilly, I'd get back to your GP. It could well be a medication side effect. My Mum is allergic to all sorts of meds, and sometimes even the other ingredients and fillers in the tablets.

Got to trip off folks, back tonight.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Undies...
                The Cheescake shop - wrong.
                Been sleeping like a trooper with the no al...I'm liking it.
                I'm off to visit James then have 4 bridesmaids dresses to alter & a friends sons blankie to fix. And a crap load of housework to do.
                Zoom.....
                Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Morning Undies,

Must remember ... never look a gift horse in the mouth and it's the thought that counts...

I've been looking for a new obsession since I completed the pizza oven challenge but I don't think pulling is going to be on my to-do list. Had a friend who was into Gerson Therapy in a big way with juicing and coffee enemas but, sadly, he popped his clogs anyway.

Happy Monday!

Comment

[QUOTE=tawnyfrog;1456296]

I've been looking for a new obsession since I completed the pizza oven challenge.

Happy Monday![/

Have you used the oven yet?
                    Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

[quote]A Better Me;1456298 wrote:
                      Originally posted by tawnyfrog View Post

Have you used the oven yet?
                      No, Grinder - going to wait until fire restrictions are off. Don't want anybody seeing or smelling any unusual smoke ... makes us rurals a tad apprehensive.

Comment

Morning undies!

didn't get a chance to re-write my lost post from yesterday, but the most important news is that Mum has yet again done her Lazarus impression. Lots of rellies took some extra time off after the wedding and came to see her last week (becasue I'd passed on to them what the Drs said about the fact that she was fading fast) and she promptly perked up, started eating again, getting up and dressed, and even went out in the car a couple of times. I thik she is determined to have the last laugh :H

I heartily agree with all the comments made about managers and HR people. G that action was like a mallet to crack a peanut. It did however make my professional antennae go onto alert - are they generally picky like this with everyone, or is it just you? If it just you, I'd be keeping a written diary note of anything like that or instances of double standards. Just in case you need them.

While in Melbourne I was reminded of how I dont like some of my family very much. I had a rip-roaring argument with one of my relatives who had recently fired someone for drining a can of coke without paying for it (he runs a food business in Queensland). As far as he was concerned, eating/drinking food that is to be sold in his shopis theft, it is listed as such on their Code of Conduct, and he was perfectly justified in dismissing her without giving her a warning. He was totally unsympathetic to my point of view that a warning and a sit down chat to emphasise how seriously he took his Code of Conduct would be far more effective a way of dealing with it. And of course I got heated and when I get heated I get tongue-tied and inarticulate and dont acquit myself very well. However, Mr B managed to wipe the floor with him in an argument about the origins of the GFC :H

I presume that I should avoid the Cheeseshop shop when I land on your shores Do you have other pearls of wisdom to ensure I fit in with the natives??

Angel - if Mr B and I ever decide to elope, you're making my going away dress!! :H

I'm enjoying having A (young woman who has lived with me on and off for the past ten years) and her 7-year old X) back living with us. X starts back at school today and is very excited about it. He is such a great kid - having all my rellies around over the last couple fo weeks, it has been interesting how many of them have commented about how good natured and polite X is. A is an extraordinarily good mother, which I find astounding given that she was kicked out of home at 15 and was pretty much writen off by her mother, got pregant at 18, married at 19 and widowed at 22. Our funny little family has been mudling along very nicely, for us it is nice to have others in the house and is going to make our transition to Sydney so much easier, and A has been able to take advantage of having some built-in baby-sitters (because we are so exciting that we never go out in the evening :H) When I hear people moaning about Gen Y or Gen Z and their excessesI think about her and her friends and a whole lot of others who are just out there living their lives and sorting themselves out and getting on with it.

must go and do some work!!!
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Morning Undies! heaps to say but no time...:upset:

Have to make some decisions, as in - if you bite off more than you can chew do you a. chew like crazy or b. spit it up, dissect it and take up the good stuff?? and no I'm not talking about the oil pulling thinking to do, when I can spare a moment...

Froglette, I reckon some of the stuff from Cheesecake Factory is ok, if you're in a rush, but it might stack up to the Maccas experiment where if you leave it, it sits in the same state without perishing, ad infinitum...

Off and into it, be well all....

Comment

X-post Missy :l

Comment

myhappyplace;1456331 wrote: Morning Undies! heaps to say but no time...:upset:

Have to make some decisions, as in - if you bite off more than you can chew do you a. chew like crazy or b. spit it up, dissect it and take up the good stuff?? and no I'm not talking about the oil pulling thinking to do, when I can spare a moment...

Froglette, I reckon some of the stuff from Cheesecake Factory is ok, if you're in a rush, but it might stack up to the Maccas experiment where if you leave it, it sits in the same state without perishing, ad infinitum...

Off and into it, be well all....
                              Looking forward to hearing what is bothering you Saucy. Hope you work it out and report in later feeling much better :l

I had no idea what The Cheesecake Shop is. We do have The Cheesecake Factory here in AZ but I've never been. I guess when your a great cook like Frog the processed stuff can put you off. I remember that Pavarotti she made with the berries and shaved chocolate YUM!

Comment

Miss Behaving;1456330 wrote: Morning undies!

didn't get a chance to re-write my lost post from yesterday, but the most important news is that Mum has yet again done her Lazarus impression. Lots of rellies took some extra time off after the wedding and came to see her last week (becasue I'd passed on to them what the Drs said about the fact that she was fading fast) and she promptly perked up, started eating again, getting up and dressed, and even went out in the car a couple of times. I thik she is determined to have the last laugh :H

I heartily agree with all the comments made about managers and HR people. G that action was like a mallet to crack a peanut. It did however make my professional antennae go onto alert - are they generally picky like this with everyone, or is it just you? If it just you, I'd be keeping a written diary note of anything like that or instances of double standards. Just in case you need them.

While in Melbourne I was reminded of how I dont like some of my family very much. I had a rip-roaring argument with one of my relatives who had recently fired someone for drining a can of coke without paying for it (he runs a food business in Queensland). As far as he was concerned, eating/drinking food that is to be sold in his shopis theft, it is listed as such on their Code of Conduct, and he was perfectly justified in dismissing her without giving her a warning. He was totally unsympathetic to my point of view that a warning and a sit down chat to emphasise how seriously he took his Code of Conduct would be far more effective a way of dealing with it. And of course I got heated and when I get heated I get tongue-tied and inarticulate and dont acquit myself very well. However, Mr B managed to wipe the floor with him in an argument about the origins of the GFC :H

I presume that I should avoid the Cheeseshop shop when I land on your shores Do you have other pearls of wisdom to ensure I fit in with the natives??

Angel - if Mr B and I ever decide to elope, you're making my going away dress!! :H

I'm enjoying having A (young woman who has lived with me on and off for the past ten years) and her 7-year old X) back living with us. X starts back at school today and is very excited about it. He is such a great kid - having all my rellies around over the last couple fo weeks, it has been interesting how many of them have commented about how good natured and polite X is. A is an extraordinarily good mother, which I find astounding given that she was kicked out of home at 15 and was pretty much writen off by her mother, got pregant at 18, married at 19 and widowed at 22. Our funny little family has been mudling along very nicely, for us it is nice to have others in the house and is going to make our transition to Sydney so much easier, and A has been able to take advantage of having some built-in baby-sitters (because we are so exciting that we never go out in the evening :H) When I hear people moaning about Gen Y or Gen Z and their excessesI think about her and her friends and a whole lot of others who are just out there living their lives and sorting themselves out and getting on with it.

must go and do some work!!!
                                Lovely post Missy. Sp nice to have you back. Yes, some family members can be a PITA but overall I've been lucky in that department. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X