One Step at a Time - February 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we are at February. I hope that everyone is still taking those steps. Sometimes they are just tiny, baby steps. But each step is a positive move in the right direction. Let's keep stepping.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

I'm right behind you on the stairs Nora. I hope you're feeling less blah today. Thanks for starting the new thread.

K9 how is your dog doing?

Destiney so good to see you again! Hooray on nearly 200 days. I'm glad you checked in.

Sunbeam, glad to see your temperature is dropping. How long have you been sick?

Mama I'm glad you didn't have to evict that guy yourself. Did the police ever come? I'd still be nervous until he actually moves out. Sounds like a whack job.

Nurdl how is Flu Boy doing?

Glass are you able to use your water yet?

Hi Ally, sorry I missed you in my last post. I hope you are well.

Hello to anyone else I missed. Trying to do this from memory and my rememberer isn't what it used to be.

I've got a fun-filled day planned at work! Gotta get ready hear in a few minutes but just wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy Friday.

Comment

pulling a Nora and running late
      bacinabit.....
      zooooooooom
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Friends,
        After 4 days on the sofa I'm up and running again. I've put a few more Christmas things away this morning. We take the tree and outdoor lights down right after New Year's, but I enjoy having the little cheery things around for January, the quiet month. But now it's February. Weekly chorus rehearsals start Tuesday, through April, and monthly gardening presentations at the local library.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

so glad you are feeling better sweetie
          I think I still some poinsettias at the front door but that's it....
          Ya know Nora....now that you have some sober time, I bet you aren't ;ate to work anymore!!! Now who am I when I am running late???

Comment

Nope - I'm still late to work everyday.
            Woke up with headache & achy. Uhoh.....
            Started with hearts for the calendar this month. I meant to take a pic of last months stickers to show you.

Fly - thanks for your positive energy & support. :l

Sun - glad you are feeling better but don't over do it.

Mama - I love you girl.

Everyone else that comes here :wavin: and :h

Back to work.............
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

i love you too
              just can't type worth a crap!!
              Hearts sound good.....let's fill that calendar up sista!

Comment

and I love the picture of the stairs

Comment

Happy Feb my friends,
                  Oh to be on the road and so far all is well, starting my trek back east on Sunday and then should be home by the 8th.
                  Looking for a fantastic Feb and onward we go.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

good job FT!

Comment

Hi everyone

I made it through day one!

Sunbeam - I?m glad you?re feeling better.

Flyaway ? I think our restrictions have completely lifted now so I have no more excuses not to do the window cleaning.

Sorry about your headache Nora ? I hope it goes as the day goes on.

Happy February everyone!
                      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1455099 wrote: Hi everyone

I made it through day one!

Sunbeam - I?m glad you?re feeling better.

Flyaway ? I think our restrictions have completely lifted now so I have no more excuses not to do the window cleaning.

Sorry about your headache Nora ? I hope it goes as the day goes on.

Happy February everyone!
                        Window cleaning? What's that? I was thinking how awful it would be to not be able to use your water like you normally would. Congrats on making it through Day 1!

Comment

FlyAway;1455150 wrote: Window cleaning? What's that? I was thinking how awful it would be to not be able to use your water like you normally would. Congrats on making it through Day 1!
                          LOL - window cleaning is what you do after storms that are so bad you can hardly see through the windows because there's so much dirt on the glass. Everything in my garden is now covered in dried mud.

BTW - a couple of your posts in other threads have really resonated with me today. :thanks: The collective wisdom on this site is amazing.

I'm off to the craft store to see if they have any nice cross-stitch kits. I really need something to keep my hands busy while I'm watching TV or listening to music in the evening. Problem is I haven't done cross-stitch for about 20 years and lets just say my eyesight isn't quite what it used to be! I dread to think what the finished object will look like. :H
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

I have the same issue Glass. I used to stich alot, but now I can't see.
                            Congrats on Day one....let's make it to day two!!

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1455163 wrote: LOL - window cleaning is what you do after storms that are so bad you can hardly see through the windows because there's so much dirt on the glass. Everything in my garden is now covered in dried mud.

BTW - a couple of your posts in other threads have really resonated with me today. :thanks: The collective wisdom on this site is amazing.

I'm off to the craft store to see if they have any nice cross-stitch kits. I really need something to keep my hands busy while I'm watching TV or listening to music in the evening. Problem is I haven't done cross-stitch for about 20 years and lets just say my eyesight isn't quite what it used to be! I dread to think what the finished object will look like. :H
                              I guess I'd have to break down and wash the windows if I was in your situation too. You all have had such crazy weather in Australia! I hear you on the eyesight thing. I bought a pair of "reader" glasses at the pharmacy for about $5. Nice to be able to see to take out a splinter or to read tiny print. I've been very blessed with great vision for nearly 50 years so I guess I can't complain. Thank you for your kind words regarding my posts. But I was once on Day 1 too and scared to death and thinking I couldn't stop. So much wisdom and community to be gained at this site. Stay the course, forge the new path, and your "vision" will get clearer and clearer. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X