Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - February 2013

Sounds like a great weekend FT!

Nora sorry to hear that your job is still bothering you. I was trying something yesterday called TRE (trauma releasing exercises). I ordered a book on Amazon explaining it, but in the mean time I found a video on Youtube where the guy who came up with it teaches it to a class. So I followed along. It's supposed to help relieve stress and anxiety that you're holding in your body. I didn't notice any huge difference after doing it the one time, but I'll let you know what I think once I get the book. I'm going to try to do it every night after I get home from work. Here's a link to the video I watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IBxd8Mm7Ks[/video]]David Berceli Trauma Releasing Exercises - YouTube The sound quality isn't great.

Hi Guy. Waking up without a hangover is a great feeling. My life now without booze is so much better than I ever could have imagined.

Sunbeam looks like things are heating up in this neck of the woods. It's 33 here this morning, rainy and dismal and windy. But I'm just happy to be here.

I hope you and the family had fun Mama. And I hope your boss gets over herself today. :l

Here's to a good work week for us all!

Comment

Morning Everyone
      came in to work early, gonna be slammed today
      you may not see me much, but know I am here thinking of ALL of you
      Thanks for the hugs FLy.....I appreciate it...I hope she gets over herself too!!
      Sounds like a great weekend FT. Nora.......find us a new job ok??? lt me know where and when and I will be there with bells on. OMG...if we worked together we would NEVER get anything done:H
      The Pope is retiring......I was jealous for a moment, but then I realized he is almost 90 and and I am 52
      guess it's time for big girl panties!!!
      xoooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox o:h:h:h
      Mama
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

oh...Clay's heart procedure is Thursday.....hubs says it's no big deal , but Clay is 17 and my baby, so it's a big damn deal for me!!!
        Happy Valentine's Day, huh??
        Actually...I think it's good joo joo that he is having his heart worked on on Valentine's day....
        ok...off to do payroll, write employee reviews, write variance report and prepare paperwork for two move ins.....if NO ONE walks in all day this will be easy peazy~!!!

Comment

wow - did no one check in today??

Comment

Home with fever today...my bitchy boss is sure to love that..OH WELL!

Will check in later...hope yer'all well!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Mama,
              I was also just thinking that. BUSY, BUSY. I have a gardening presentation tonight. My Ebay glass piece came today, now it needs a companion.

Fly, it was 50 degrees and sunny when I went into the grocery store around 1:30, and 42 with windy rain when I came back out. It was 38 last I looked.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Everyone
                I'm sending nasty Southern Hemishperian vibes to all of your horrible bosses for you.

Mama - anything to do with our babies is a big deal. I hope everything will go well for the op. I'm sure having it on Valentine's Day is a good omen!

I'm off for another physio appointment. I swear that man gets his jollies out of making me cry :upset:
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

cry away Glass!! Thanks for the well wishes
                  Hope you feel better Niner
                  Hiya Sun.....this bear is TIRED!!!

Comment

Mama what kind of procedure is Clay having done?

Comment

Evening all.

Already in bed with me blues. Damn, they won't let go. I did go for a walk yesterday and today--as far as my bum knee and hip would let me--and that helped, but I always come back down. I definitely need to practice some postive thinking.

Dear Nora, I wish you didn't have such a rotten boss. That has to be the worst. Hubs has lost 12 lbs over his pyscho boss. Why are people mean? I don't get it.:l Don't give up on finding another job. It's out there somewhere.

Mama, I'll be thinking about you and Clay on Thursday. All will be well, I promise.:l

K-9, I hope you feel better soon.

AF tonight. 6/11 days in Feb.
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Finally checking in. I am not doing it at all at work anymore. Things were better today. Had another talk. I'm just taking it as it is. I was told that I was very appreciated.....more than I know. So - we'll see. The hurt is still there but it's not worth dwelling on it. The thing is that I have been there for so long that it felt like family instead of just employer/employee. So, that's why it has hit me so hard.

Juja - great to see you. Sorry that you're down. Great job on getting out for a walk even if it was a short one. That is a positive step.

K9 - hope you feel better. :l

Mama - I agree....anything to do with our kids is HUGE.

Sun - Enjoy your gardening meeting tonight. I'll bet both your thumbs are green. ;

Glass - I sure hope your appointment went well today. How often do you go?

Going to get my jammies on & get settled in under a big blanket.

Oh - on Friday night, I went into chat here and had the best time with Turnagain and Determinator. We were laughing so hard. My cheeks were even hurting. :H I wish you all had been there.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora I hope things get better at work for you. it?s quite normal to be affected so much by things that happen at work, especially if you?ve been there a long time. When you think how many hours we spend there compared to our waking hours at home it?s a huge chunk of our life.

I?m going to the physio once a week at the moment. I broke my ankle last July and it didn?t heal properly so I had more surgery 4 weeks ago and this is the follow up treatment. That?s why I?m currently working from home. I spent 10 weeks in a wheelchair and haven?t been able to walk without crutches ever since. It's a big pain in the :moon:
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Nora, we should talk about setting up a chat time for the people on this thread. I've never been to chat, but could probably figure it out.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

How are you feeling today K9? Hope you're better. My husband has a severe case of Man-Flu. I'm about to lose my mind.

Sun, a gardening presentation? How was it? Sounds interesting.

Juja I'm glad to see you here and glad that you got out for a walk. Being outside always makes me feel better.

Nora I've never been in chat. I've never seen anyone in there. I'm glad that you've talked some things out at work and that they acknowledged how important you are.

Glass ouch, ouch, ouch! How much longer do they anticipate you'll need the physio before you can walk without crutches?

I had a massive headache when I came home last night. Went to be early and I feel better today. Gotta get ready for work in a little while.

Comment

I am up and hopping into the shower
                                Clay is having an....ahem.....Electrophysiology Radiofrequency Ablation. He has a nerve in his heart chamber that is going to be "killed"...it is stimulating his heart to beat and flutter. It is really affecting his football life. He gets faint, turns white, and his heart races. The doctors are going through his groin and up into his heart and once they find the right one, they will laser it. It's actually quite amazing, but I am scared. It will take 4 to 6 hours!!
                                Glass- ouch is right. Poor baby.
                                I used to go into chat but it kind of fizzled out. I am game for a Stepper chat.
                                ok...gotta get in the shower
                                Have a Happy Tuesday
                                Juja - pm me if you ever want to talk:h

Comment

Working...
                                X