My conclusion is that the only thing that makes me happy is Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Supercrew your mesage was powerful... seriously I can drink and drink and thats the only the thing that makes me happy.. I joined the gym , the pummp is incredible but I reward myself with a bottl of vodka, this is not what I want it to be

Comment

Hey, check out Patrick's signature:

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw[/video]]Bob Newhart-Stop It - YouTube

Comment

RunningCourage;1459912 wrote: Hey, check out Patrick's signature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw[/video]]Bob Newhart-Stop It - YouTube
        RC, that's the first time I saw that video...:H :H :H STOP IT! :H
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hippyman;1459933 wrote: RC, that's the first time I saw that video...:H :H :H STOP IT! :H
          :H awesome innit Hipster? Straight to the nub of the matter. :H

Comment

Hippyman;1459933 wrote: RC, that's the first time I saw that video...:H :H :H STOP IT! :H
            Sometimes the blatantly obvious gets ignored. We can analyse the crap out of a problem when the truth is very simple. If it hurts you......stop fecking doing it! :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1459912 wrote: Hey, check out Patrick's signature:

One of my favorite skits of all time!! And I believe there is alot of truth to it!

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1459898 wrote: Wow Supercrew your mesage was powerful... seriously I can drink and drink and thats the only the thing that makes me happy.. I joined the gym , the pummp is incredible but I reward myself with a bottl of vodka, this is not what I want it to be
                Well then, if alcohol is the only thing that makes you happy, why would you want to quit?? It's legal for you to drink to your hearts content. If drinking really made me happy I'm sure I would still be drinking daily. I quit drinking because it wasn't making me happy, in fact it was screwing up my life.

You will always be able to find excuses to why you can't accomplish something, the solutions are there, but no one can fix the problem...if there is a problem..except for you.

Comment

I am trying my best to to sober, I hate the fact that I have to drink to be happy.. I would loe to be in that population of people that are married with children and seem to have it made, but then again there ar problems there too.. just trying my best ok... i appreciate the help on here.. better than any therapist i been too

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1459998 wrote: I am trying my best to to sober, I hate the fact that I have to drink to be happy.. I would loe to be in that population of people that are married with children and seem to have it made, but then again there ar problems there too.. just trying my best ok... i appreciate the help on here.. better than any therapist i been too
                    yep. me too. but right now i'm not.

reckon i got a better chance of being that person sober than drunk. honest guv.

Comment

AGUYFROMNC;1459998 wrote: I am trying my best to to sober, I hate the fact that I have to drink to be happy.. I would loe to be in that population of people that are married with children and seem to have it made, but then again there ar problems there too.. just trying my best ok... i appreciate the help on here.. better than any therapist i been too
                      If drinking makes you happy why do you want to quit?

Comment

kuya;1459944 wrote: Sometimes the blatantly obvious gets ignored. We can analyse the crap out of a problem when the truth is very simple. If it hurts you......stop fecking doing it! :H
                        Great point Kuya!

I love the analogy about the fire crew arriving at a fire. The first thing they do is put the fire out, they don't go faffing round trying to work out how it started! There's plenty of time to work that out later.

NCGUY - trying to work through all this while you're still drinking is probably making it much harder. Why don't you put the fire out first, and then see if you can sort it out with a clearer mind.
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Just wanted to thank all the supportive people on this wonderful board, I don't know If I could have made it sober for that long time without this board, it did make me realize that there is much more happiness than alcohol. then I went back to alcohol following the breakup of my girlfriend, I drank 15 dollars worth of vodka last night. what a waste. just have a nasty hangover did not do anything but numb the mental pain temporarily. Sober up time.

Comment

Glad you are OK, and hopefully you learned a little from the situation. Good luck on your future sobriety and happiness.

Comment

Working...
                            X