REHAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REHAB

I saw a post about rehab and drugs. It was a thread on here about the only thing he learned in rehab was about how to score drugs. I had a similar experience when I was in rehab. When my doctor asked me what I learned in rehab I told him" I know how to make a speed ball,how to cut cocaine and what to use to do, that lower Columbus ave or Mass Ave were the best places to go if I wanted to score coke or heroin. Suburbs for prescription pills and the sea shore for pot. We even had one guy handing out cards in case any one wanted to score when they got out. He would get busted, sent to court ordered rehab( he said he never did hard time) and try to expand his customer base. Me and another guy reported him an he got tossed out. Was a real loudmouth jerk. On our free time all everyone in for drugs talked about was drugs. Very depressing for me and a real waste of time and energy for them.

REHAB

sounds like hell
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

REHAB

I have not been myself, but I know alot of people heard had their lives saved by rehab......
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

REHAB

I've never been to Rehab but I am very curious about how it can help. I hope it does and I'm sure it depends on which Rehab you go to. I started a thread back a month or so about this very topic. I'll bump it so you can see what responses I got. Many really opened my eyes.
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

REHAB

I actually enjoyed rehab. I had severe pneumonia in both lungs and when the doctors learned how much I drank every day they put we in the rehab ward for a few days. Then when I was out of danger of withdrawal the regular ward was full so they left me there for another ten days. Since I had lost so much weight they fed me great meals four times a day. ham and eggs, oatmeal, english muffins, steak, ravioli garlic potato steamed rice chinese, haddock, shrimp., lots of veggies and fruit. Even chicken marsala. I ate like a king. The nurses played bridge at night so I was the fourth. It is also where I decided AA wasn't for me. My nurse and I went to a meeting and when I asked her too leave with me we did. She and I talked about it for a while and she confirmed many patients complained about forced attendance at 3 AA meetings a day. She told me don't feel bad it's not an approach for every body. Also the first time since I was a kid I had no stress. No phone,no businesses ect. Just peace and quiet. Read a lot,watched TV and hung out. It recharged my batteries mentally and physically and I didn't drink for over 2 years after that. . ,

Comment

Working...
          X