Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 4th February

Good morning, folksies

The start of a new week, eh? I have mixed feelings about it. We'll see how I feel after my latte
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning.

I am sleep posting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning.

I am sleep posting too.

That is all...

Comment

Och well no... it's not all! I was waiting for someone to turn up but I was onto plums obviously... )

I'm going to say this real quick before I change my mind. I've been a bit of a selfish cow since I got out of the pen. And I'm sorry about that. But it's situation normal now... done with my angst... and I didn't like trying to be selfish anyway, it sucks. So they can take that suggestion and stuff it! (They said I needed to think more about myself instead of trying to fix others... confused the crap out of me! lol...)

Gawd. That's better. Back to being meself! )

Comment

Morning Tipps, Marioman, The Selfless Zen (!)

Zenny... uhm.... but it IS OK to be selfish.... Being SELFISH isn;t about shouting 'IT's ALL ABOUT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!!' and 'WOE ME, WOE ME....Ophelia thought she had it bad, but fuck her the pretty little cow, WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!'

Being selfish Zen is about taking the time to look after yourself, to be able to consider yourself for a moment. I had a long conversation with my folks last night about work and, more so, about my recent lethargy and lack of motivation - especially regarding work - and whether there was a bit of depression there or not... blah blah blah... Now, part of me feels like "WTF, get over yerself, ya moany wee shoite" BUT i'd rather discuss it, than let it fester. I'd rather talk through it, work through it, get better so as it doesn't become a bigger issue.

I ken you ken all this...

So Zen, just make sure you're not shoving shite under the proverbial carpet... cos some day, some one will come along , lift up said carpet and go "TA- Daa!.. excuse moi, you did not do the cleaning properly!" :H :H

Comment

Fookez moi Arsey.... I just spluttered coke all over my bloody laptop!!!!! No, not THAT kinda coke. Christ... the pen has filled my mind with BAD things! ;o)

OK... I need to share. I met a nice chap in the pen... purely platonic obviously... he was about your age RC... and he overdosed and died. I've been struggling with that. And struggling with being told I'm not strong enough to be there for others. And now I'm off to smoke a fag... so glad I resumed that habit!

Comment

SWEETPEA! Breakfast!

Or would you prefer just a wee bit o' syrup on 'em?

Oi Army! No grumbles from the rest of youse... I made plenty

Comment

Morning mr t, mario man, zenners and RC - very sleepy questy here - it's national chuck a sicky day today so that's fecked that idea !!!

Zennybabes I agree with RC - I never take time for me - but I'm going to start - I'm going to the gym tonight (wtf ?) - and I'm dreading it !!! But if I don't, I know the routine - day 3 and voices already ! Well NO ! I'm being selfish and taking time for me - me family will benefit in the long term and have a sober mum and wife

That's me plan - adaat
                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

RunningCourage;1456496 wrote: SWEETPEA! Breakfast!

Or would you prefer just a wee bit o' syrup on 'em?

Oi Army! No grumbles from the rest of youse... I made plenty

Yuk - too early for grub - cup of tea anyone ???

Comment

Off for a shower - laters gaters

Comment

Go to the gym babe. That is good stuff. I've been doing that for the greater part of my existence.

You know what, I'm processing a few things... and here is where we're at. You make a conscious decision to be happy and I'm choosing that. Fuck the nonsense about being sad, it's a waste of time. And I'm orf to the gym myself when I wake up. It's a good thing... )

Comment

Zenstyle;1456495 wrote: Fookez moi Arsey.... I just spluttered coke all over my bloody laptop!!!!! No, not THAT kinda coke. Christ... the pen has filled my mind with BAD things! ;o)

OK... I need to share. I met a nice chap in the pen... purely platonic obviously... he was about your age RC... and he overdosed and died. I've been struggling with that. And struggling with being told I'm not strong enough to be there for others. And now I'm off to smoke a fag... so glad I resumed that habit!
                        Ach that is shoite Zenny - really sorry to hear that. :l :l

What I would say is that you being there for others - you're need and desire to be there for others - is part of WHO YOU ARE (please correct me if wrong, only getting to know you these last very few months and all). So to deny this part of you aint good... You like to be there for others, then you should be there for others. But I do believe we are stronger for everyone if we allow ourselves a wee selfish moan, or are able to clean our own homes first. That;s all.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT... I used to have peeps come to me about relationship problems - me! ME! - who has struggled with relationships with the opposite sex since forever!

Comment

Quest for the key;1456498 wrote: Yuk - too early for grub - cup of tea anyone ???
                          There be none left once we've ye get back.... :H

Comment

Zenstyle;1456503 wrote: Go to the gym babe. That is good stuff. I've been doing that for the greater part of my existence.

You know what, I'm processing a few things... and here is where we're at. You make a conscious decision to be happy and I'm choosing that. Fuck the nonsense about being sad, it's a waste of time. And I'm orf to the gym myself when I wake up. It's a good thing... )
                            Absolutely - but there's a difference between being selfish and taking time for yersel, and being sad. Fuck being sad when there;s not feckering need to be sad! Go to the gym ladies and move yer bootys!

Comment

Ferkin hell... late for work! :hiya:

Comment

Working...
                              X