Army Thread Monday 4th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RunningCourage;1456988 wrote: Unlike others here quite a number of peeps I know, know I'm not drinking, but don't know the real reason - or, more precisely the real extent of the problem. Although people know I "liked a drink" and my mum has said before that she thinks a drank "a little too much" I don't believe in anyone's eyes i was a problem drinker. So to say, "I've got a problem with it, so I gave it up" would cause a combo of surprise, bemusement or disbelieve.

I think - as I think Molls has just said - that those who didn't have a problem with AL find it very hard to "get it" ... In your own time to when and if you tell peeps SweetPea. It's your journey after all. For now, I think it's just as good - maybe even better - to be with the support of peeps here.
    Sorry Arsey just seen this now. I dunno if others seen me as a problem drinker but everyone knew i 'liked' a drink, from my wee Granny in her bed to the girls in work, to every offie in my part of the city.
    Maybe i was paranoid and thought people were talking about it when they weren't, but at the end of the day, I knew i had a problem and had to do something before something real bad happened.

You're totally right that here is the best place to get support, among people who do 'get' it.

Thanks for your support Arsey :l

P.S.

Can i get pancakes tomorrow again?:H

Comment

Nighters Molls, Satzy and Jackie :h

Comment

Working...
      X