X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 4th February

Morning guys

This is my 0000000.1p
    I think that to help someone else helps us. Being selfish is isolating. Having said that, we have to put our own needs first as if we dont look after them, it figures we cant help anyone else. As with everything in life, its a very fine balancing act.

I have today off work
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The bottom line is............ I am who I am. End of.

You're a cerebral chap yourself and I have an inkling that you've soul searched and dredged shite up that others would ignore. And it's all right for you to do that... and the reason it's all right for me is that I know the people I'm dealing with here. 4 years of interacting with some people on this thread. And I WILL expend time and energy on you lot because you are good people. And the therapists don't understand that this is a valid support system. So.....

Comment

Thank you Starts! Absolutely! I behooves me to help out when I can.... xxx

Off work, eh? I might bug you with a phone call!

Comment

Did they actually say that you should stay away from the forum Zenny?

Comment

Zenstyle;1456512 wrote: Thank you Starts! Absolutely! I behooves me to help out when I can.... xxx

Off work, eh? I might bug you with a phone call!
            Brilliant! I will give you a shout later?

Comment

Yer on! I have to see Bill off at 9am (he's flying up to Oregon) and then I'm ready for a chat-a-thon! ) Lots to catch up on... x

Comment

Zenstyle;1456511 wrote: The bottom line is............ I am who I am. End of.

You're a cerebral chap yourself and I have an inkling that you've soul searched and dredged shite up that others would ignore. And it's all right for you to do that... and the reason it's all right for me is that I know the people I'm dealing with here. 4 years of interacting with some people on this thread. And I WILL expend time and energy on you lot because you are good people. And the therapists don't understand that this is a valid support system. So.....
                Uhmm... sorry Zen... didn't mean to sound like I disagree or summit... I think what starts says is on the button - and I agree...

Fuck...sorry... just barged in with an opinion and prolly came out wrong...

Comment

startingover;1456514 wrote: Did they actually say that you should stay away from the forum Zenny?
                  They just didn't understand. I was, like, these are folk from the UK and they are in recovery and they are a big part of my life. I even told them you had come over for two weeks. Fell on deaf ears as they just............... did.not.get.it.

It's all good. I don't need their approval or permission. I know which side is up!

Comment

Zenstyle;1456516 wrote: Yer on! I have to see Bill off at 9am (he's flying up to Oregon) and then I'm ready for a chat-a-thon! ) Lots to catch up on... x
                    I am seeing a mate for coffee this arvo but will be in at about 7 my time. Is that any good for you? I can call you and you call me back?

Comment

RunningCourage;1456517 wrote: Uhmm... sorry Zen... didn't mean to sound like I disagree or summit... I think what starts says is on the button - and I agree...

Fuck...sorry... just barged in with an opinion and prolly came out wrong...
                      What you on about you daftie?! I didn't think you disagreed! :l:l:l

Comment

startingover;1456520 wrote: I am seeing a mate for coffee this arvo but will be in at about 7 my time. Is that any good for you? I can call you and you call me back?
                        That works! I'll just call you if you want...

Comment

Zenstyle;1456519 wrote: They just didn't understand. I was, like, these are folk from the UK and they are in recovery and they are a big part of my life. I even told them you had come over for two weeks. Fell on deaf ears as they just............... did.not.get.it.

It's all good. I don't need their approval or permission. I know which side is up!
                          I think with everything, its taking what works and letting slide what doesnt. There are no rules for the right recovery really. Its so personal. If the forum was damaging or making someone feel bad, then obviously its a bad thing. If it helps, then obviously its a good thing

Maybe they are seeing it from the perspective of only using that for recovery? And not using face to face support?

Comment

Zenstyle;1456523 wrote: That works! I'll just call you if you want...
                            Lemme call you first, then I can get me cawfee and get all comfy on me bed ready for a chinwag

Comment

startingover;1456525 wrote: I think with everything, its taking what works and letting slide what doesnt. There are no rules for the right recovery really. Its so personal. If the forum was damaging or making someone feel bad, then obviously its a bad thing. If it helps, then obviously its a good thing

Maybe they are seeing it from the perspective of only using that for recovery? And not using face to face support?
                              They poo-poo'd the fact that it wasn't "local" (like AA). And I now poo-poo THEIR nonsense.

Seriously... they can knob off! Jaysus, they had someone die on their watch so they are in no position to judge what works for me. It's over and done with now... I am not dealing with it. They should be so LUCKY to have you guys in their corner... xxx

Comment

All the therapists are in recovery by the way...

Comment

Working...
                                X