Army Thread Monday 4th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

startingover;1456527 wrote: Lemme call you first, then I can get me cawfee and get all comfy on me bed ready for a chinwag
    OK, deal. Call me on the land line.

Off to me leaba now... chat in a bit... smoochies!

Comment

Zenstyle;1456531 wrote: All the therapists are in recovery by the way...
      Which is GREAT! There is nothing worse than someone quoting out of a book rather than real life experience.

For me, it helps to read of others experience, to share stories and support and to know I am not alone. This place provides all that, as does AA im sure, but isnt it better to have the best of both worlds?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yeah... and a couple were young and really hadn't seen much drug or alcohol time... and I have to admit, I didn't spend too much time with them as I did with the ones that had been around the block. There are two that really stood out... and they helped me a lot. And the camaraderie was cool. We all understood where we were at.

You know what, as freaked out as I was with it all, it was a great experience... )

Comment

Bloody hell a lively thread this morning x
          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

LOL! Marning Pinky!!! )

Comment

Zenstyle;1456534 wrote: Yeah... and a couple were young and really hadn't seen much drug or alcohol time... and I have to admit, I didn't spend too much time with them as I did with the ones that had been around the block. There are two that really stood out... and they helped me a lot. And the camaraderie was cool. We all understood where we were at.

You know what, as freaked out as I was with it all, it was a great experience... )
              I think you are so lucky to have had the opportunity to experience rehab.

It seems like a complete immersion in the recovery process is a comforting and educational thing.

The trouble with us, is that at our great age, we dont alway like being told stuff by youngsters. BUT, sometimes they are wise beyond their years and do have stuff worthy of listening to. I guess the key is just to have an open mind.

Comment

OK, I'm off to my pit. Have a good day Pinky! I hope you're all stabilized with the pills. PM me anytime... but you prolly know that. xxx

Comment

Morning Pinky! How are you feeling now that you are back on the meds?

Comment

marning zenners, yeah im grand on me pills, cheers will pm ya if i need ya but im usually sound xx
                    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

hi strts im good yeah, just bk to me normal cheeky self lol
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

startingover;1456537 wrote: I think you are so lucky to have had the opportunity to experience rehab.

It seems like a complete immersion in the recovery process is a comforting and educational thing.

The trouble with us, is that at our great age, we dont alway like being told stuff by youngsters. BUT, sometimes they are wise beyond their years and do have stuff worthy of listening to. I guess the key is just to have an open mind.
                        I had a tough time as I was amongst kids. But I still got a lot out of it. (And I kicked arse in cross-training! *snigger!*) :H

One of the kids called me an eighty year old. Before I knew what I was doing I bawled "fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuu" at her! :H She never said that again.... LMFAO!

Comment

I'm orf to bed. Talk to you a bit later Miss Starts... xxx

Comment

littlepinkcat;1456542 wrote: hi strts im good yeah, just bk to me normal cheeky self lol
                            Ah thats grand Pinky. I must admit, every time Ive come off my ADs I have crashed spectacularly, I am thinking I will just stay on the buggers for life now.

Zenstyle;1456543 wrote:
                            I had a tough time as I was amongst kids. But I still got a lot out of it. (And I kicked arse in cross-training! *snigger!*) :H

One of the kids called me an eighty year old. Before I knew what I was doing I bawled "fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuu" at her! :H She never said that again.... LMFAO!
                            :H:H:H

Good for you for standing up for yourself!! I bet she learnt a thing or two from you !!

Comment

aye i will stay on me tablets 4 life too, lol
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Right, I need to shift my arse out the pit for a bit of gentle dogging
                                Slaters xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X