ONE YEAR!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONE YEAR!!!!

well guys, I made it! one year sober. I can not believe how fast the time flew. I feel like my DUI is finally getting further away from my mind but I am still grateful for it happening. This is the life I was suppose to have. Each day is still hard but I no longer can blame my troubles on being drunk and making stupid mistakes. We have been through a lot in this year. besides the drama of the DUI, my husband lost his job in October and is still looking, we are in the process of filing bankruptcy and we have been without heat since December (dealing with home warranty people is why it has been so long). but we have made it through all of this without drinking. I craved it bad through some off these days because I knew it would make it all so much more bearable but at what cost? I just rode the wave and stayed busy. thank you for all of your support during my early months. I still linger on the boards when I am feeling low. take care and stay sober.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

ONE YEAR!!!!

Starfairy...well done you excellent :wave::applaud::wave::banana::wave::bday3:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

I haven't seen you around in a while, but am so happy to hear that you're celebrating your first year! You've had a lot to deal with this past year, but prove that you can do it all without alcohol. Congratulations! :goodjob:

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Hiya,

That is such happy news to read.

Many congratulations to you.

Much love Flossie xx
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

congrats
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

WOW, to stay AF for a year AND have all the additional struggles is pretty AMAZING :goodjob:

Here is you WELL deserved star

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2045155=7268-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

OH MY GOSH STAR!

I did not realize it was awhole year!!! SO happy for you!! You are a real inspiration!

You have done it and done it well, especially in light of tough circumstances.

YOU ARE AMAZING!

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

StarFairy....Wow! I'm so happy for you!!! On behalf of the Newbie's Nest, please accept our One Year Award!! :grannypants: Your Big Girl Panties!!! Well done!! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Congratulations Star!!! Way to go!!

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Confratulations Sweetie!! I cannot believe it has been a year!
                    Your post was very inspiring for me today!!!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Well done. It's difficult not to cave when life keep throwing lemons at you.

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Congratulations Star

Stories like yours are what give me hope and inspiration, thankyou so much for sharing x

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Brilliant..absolutely brilliant!! So pleased for you! xx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

Bravo Starfairy!

Congratulations and be very proud of yourself.

Keep it going. You are an absolute Star friend.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

ONE YEAR!!!!

wow, a year is amazing!! Congratulations Star , you are a star xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X