Army Thread Tuesday 5th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1457237 wrote: Shops are a good 10-15 min walk - like they're well walkable but not round the corner - so unless you'd be really stuck for something I'm inclined to just do without - Friggintesco's is in the Brig alright - again about 15 min walk but 2 mins in the car -- we are just out of the town up here - we used to be in the depths of the countryside with farms all round us, but in the Celtic Tiger we got built up around - but no shops or facilities built - typical Ireland
    That must have been an odd feeling, having a whole town grow around you like that. I guess your surroundings must have been changing all the time. I'm not sure I would have liked that, but I guess it would have given Joe the opportunity to go into business with the shop?

Morning Jackie

Comment

Do you know, you are spot on and I'm so damned grateful.

My Granny still zips up my Aunt's coat when she leaves her house and she's 71. Suppose we never stop being a Mammy.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1457242 wrote: I quite liked the town growing out to us - I'm a real townie at heart - whereas Joe loved the rural feel it used to have -- re business in the Brig --- NO WAY -- every business (bar the hotel you're staying in and chemist shops and take-aways) go bust regularly - dunno, it's the town that everything passes by, including the Celtic Tiger - disgraceful really - and yet, in a poverty stricken sort of way - it's kinda quaint
        Must away and get some grub - something with eggs I think - fridgeful of them!!
        Oh...Joe's shop isn't/wasn't in Balbriggan then?

I must disappear too. Off to the bank to pay some bills. Laters.

Comment

mollyka;1457245 wrote: I'm chucklin here at the vision of the granny zipping up the coat!!!
          How's you today?? Can't believe I've picked this lovely snowy freezing day to be sick --- PERFECT!!!!!

And I can smoke in the house without anyone moaning
          Tee hee hee. Don't forget a quick run round with the fabreeze later.

I can actually imagine my Aunt's FFS face.

I'm doing canny. Work this aftie but I did all me housewifey stuff yesterday so I can just pootle about this morning.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning folks, just heading on my way out the door to work and face the day head on. Having a few quiet reflective moments whilst looking out at the snowscape on the trees and hills beyond, it really is quite beautiful. Just fed the birds and the robin is first to the table. Moody blues playing in the background, ah bliss, simple pleasures eh, wanted to share a little of my morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmOZFAYeurY[/video]]Moody Blues - Question - Royal Albert Hall - YouTube
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning KT. Just :h that song.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army woke up to snow here too and feazing cold. It seems to be melting now but forecast is for more this afternoon. Would love to stay home in bed but i need food shopping and bills to be paid so have to wrap up and go out shortly. H ave to shower first. I'm getting a guina pig this evening or tomorrow. A neighbour has a spare female one so i got the cage yesterday. Not sure if its a good idea with 2 cats and more animal food to buybut it will an interest. She's red and white and i called her Saffron. Off to get some coffee and get ready to head out.

Comment

Hi Molly yes my eyes and nose have healed well now tg no brusing or scaring. I never had a guina pig or any simlar animal and they only live between 4 and 8 years. I guess i'm looking for new hobbies and interests. I want to swimming in our local pool when the weather gets milder.

Comment

Crikey pootled a bit hard this morning.

Must away to my place of volunteering.

Kettle on about 6 ish. Pretty please.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

SKIVERVILLE - open for business inkele:

Comment

So Ms Molls ...... let me get this right !
                        You are laid out on your deathbed ( aha the couch) eating chocolate & hotpot ?

While I had to travel in 30 foot of snow & ice to get to the workhouse ! And have to listen to Corporate shite all day ?
                        Something verrrrrrry wrong there :durn:

Comment

mollyka;1457308 wrote: bout friggin time - could die of boredom here How's you?
                          see x-post grrrrrrrrr

Comment

HELLO !!!! ??????

Ok - prolly gone for breakfast and to make the Shagginhotpot so I'll let you orf !

On your return - if I am not here for a while - I will have had to go and do that thing they do in here emmmmmmmmmm oh yeah WORK !:H

Please post your receipe Molls for Hotpot - even the name Hotpot - sounds yummy!! Is it lamb based ?
                            I will be in & out when I get a chance to make sure you have enough chocolates & DVDs grrrrrrrrrrrr !:gramps:

Comment

Morning all...had to take madam to work ...lotsa snow how are yiz? Jacs have you scraded the side of yer slipper against the way the carpet pile is?gives it the look of just been hoovered..well not unless oyuve got all last weeks dishes piled on it!!!!! bit of a spray and bobs yer granny!!!
                              Molls hows the wounded today? you ok mate?

Satzy..wouldnt shout too much bout the workhouse over there...big news here bout the magdalene laundries in Ireland..doing a big enquiry into it aint they?

T

E

N

E

R

I

F

E

N

E

X

T

W

E

E

K
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick;1457318 wrote: Morning all...had to take madam to work ...lotsa snow how are yiz? Jacs have you scraded the side of yer slipper against the way the carpet pile is?gives it the look of just been hoovered..well not unless oyuve got all last weeks dishes piled on it!!!!! bit of a spray and bobs yer granny!!!
                                Molls hows the wounded today? you ok mate?

Satzy..wouldnt shout too much bout the workhouse over there...big news here bout the magdalene laundries in Ireland..doing a big enquiry into it aint they?

T

E

N

E

R

I

F

E

N

E

X

T