Army Thread Wednesday 6th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1458044 wrote: Well ya know, they can't have it both ways - if they WANT you to drink - well then - as far as they are concerned - let them leave you at it - and after all - it's YOUR decision - that's how it has to be -- if it isn't - it won't work longterm - so I'd look at myself and decide what's best for you - I think you're well ready for a booze free hol tbh -- you've done everything else - and it IS a bit different - the evenings are calmer but potentially a bit boring - on my first AF one I brought a few good books with me and used to leave Joe up the town to have a couple of pints and go back to the hotel and read my book - achully it was on that hol I rediscovered my love of reading. The days were sooooo much better tho --- loved the clear head, the enthusiasm to explore things instead of just plonking at the pool waiting for lunchtime --- subsequent holidays were great - the first one was just a bit strange
    That is exactly what I wanted to know. :thanks: and exactly how I want see this next week in Greece panning out !
    I will be looking for more tips & tricks from your next holiday !:goodjob:

Comment

when are you going to Greece Satz?

Comment

mollyka;1458053 wrote: Ah sure I know - my young fella is working at the mo for his big brother - he's waiting for his Canadian Visa - but not a NOTION of college or a trade or anything -- headless chicken stuff
        feckin three more under him...:upset::upset::upset:

what have I let myself in for????

Comment

Good afternoon from a recovered Anon

Loads of really good posts with food for thought.

Sorry phone went in the middle of post!

Comment

off to help with homework.........God hes been at it for bloody feckin poxi ages!!!! See you later

Comment

limers;1458048 wrote: ah poor Questie, good God , its a poxi place to be
              Oh it is and we've all been there - with knobs on
              She is doing great IMHO - when I started out this time last year in fact - I couldn't even imagine 1 evening without some alcohol - never mind 3 !
              I was afraid to leave the office here as I KNEW I would buy wine on way home.
              One day I said I want to be like 'normal people' & go next week Monday to Friday AF - and I took the AB (as insurance) & stopped one Monday eve.

Every time, even now - that I even THINK I'll be tempted I take an AB and to me the thought of the sickness is enough to stop the lure of 'just a small red wine'

Comment

:wavin: Ms A

Limers - going to Greece as usual in early June. Feckin' boring tbh.
                Gonna shake things up this year - FECK the loss :H

Comment

mollyka;1458065 wrote: Did'ya never - well at the beginning anyway - sorta look at the pill and hesitate, knowing you CAN'T drink for a week? I think my drinking thoughts were usually for the future - as in 'next week they'll all be at work and I'll be at home' sort of thing --- so........
                  I did in the beginning Molls .......... but now I say can't drink Sunday when Mam & sis come out - so what ?? and a plan comes into my head.

The hols are going to be like a few weekends strung together with the Airport, the ferry, the Beach Bar , SIL & BIL and various friends we've met all thrown in - a challenge:upset:

Comment

Hiya again. Satz I am back in Ithica in June too:goodjob:

Comment

AND - the latest as per Reccie's post there recently - the calories in drink do not count - kinda suspected it for years. The body doesn't store them or summit - but the poor 'ol liver gets a bashing trying to rid the body of the toxins.

I used to blame the AL on weight - now I have to re-assess my eating habits instead.
                      I am proof positive - I havn't lost an ounce from being AF :upset:

Comment

anon;1458071 wrote: Hiya again. Satz I am back in Ithica in June too:goodjob:
                        Ah sure we'll be bosom buddies after April :l
                        Let's meet up - I will travel over to you ( not sit at the pool waiting for lunchtime ) as Molls aptly described !

Comment

Best be off home - awful skivin' going on here this afternoon

Later gaters :hiya:

Comment

anon;1458071 wrote: Hiya again. Satz I am back in Ithica in June too:goodjob:
                            Back for a min ............
                            Can you tell me how YOU managed on last Greek holiday Ms A with Mr A etc drinking ??

Comment

satz123;1458076 wrote: Back for a min ............
                              Can you tell me how YOU managed on last Greek holiday Ms A with Mr A etc drinking ??
                              Hope you are still there! I also discovered the joy of reading.

Mr A not as interested in drinking on holiday as he enjoys his posh wine at home but it is not an integral part of his holiday. He did drink though but my big problem was always the sneaky drinking at home.
                              We are all so alike (alkie) yet so different:l:l

Comment

Satzy...Greece? do I detect a holiday???they are only for grafters like moi!!!"

First time we went to Greece..went Kardamena and Kos...Julie went to the sponge factory where they tell you the history of a fkn sponge!!!fact that at the time I was well into scuba diving and could have got our own...she bought about 10 o them..every sod and their dog got a sponge for that Chrimbo...oh yes and remember getting battered on that famous Scotch whisky ... lifeguard?????
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X