Army Thread Wednesday 6th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satz123;1458161 wrote: Hey Molls - RC is over yonder quoting you - yer FAMOUS !!!
    Should have copyrighted your posts today :H:H
    Did you see my reply to holiday post??

Comment

RunningCourage;1458162 wrote: ahshit....

*whistles*

Royalties will be coming in April Molls. Tuppence ha'penny do?!
      The highest compliment RC :l

Comment

anon;1458164 wrote: Did you see my reply to holiday post??
        I did Ms A - then tore off !:l
        Thanks a mil - all these feckin' saints of husbands that can take or leave AL. Mr S LOVES his pints.

Comment

satz123;1458171 wrote: I did Ms A - then tore off !:l
          Thanks a mil - all these feckin' saints of husbands that can take or leave AL. Mr S LOVES his pints.
          But not at home? Is that not a help? We will get a holiday plan going for June

Comment

anon;1458174 wrote: But not at home? Is that not a help? We will get a holiday plan going for June
            No not at home - I suppose it is a bit easier - never thought about that - how hard that would be ?
            Yer on for the plan

Comment

What match are you watching?

Mr JC doesn't drink at home but still has his lads night out on a Fridays but it's not every Friday. I'd have been gnawing the blooming door handle off to get out if it was just once a week and he's not bothered one way or another.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Are ye feelin any better Molls?

Comment

Engerland have just beaten Brazil.................one moment please while I do a bit of a happy dance.............
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1458211 wrote: Felt like death warmed up all day - but feel a wee bit better tonight - s'pose I'm pissed off that I'm wasting my time off feeling shite

How are you tonight?
                    Yer gas Molls :H
                    The REASON you are off is 'cos you feel shite duh !!
                    You will have a small window tomorrow where you feel good & are still skivin' :H

Comment

mollyka;1458211 wrote: Felt like death warmed up all day - but feel a wee bit better tonight - s'pose I'm pissed off that I'm wasting my time off feeling shite

How are you tonight?
                      You'll just need next week off then to 'proper' recover

Comment

sweetpea29;1458216 wrote: You'll just need next week off then to 'proper' recover
                        Brilliant idea. Convalescence and shopping.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Don't yer have yer own telly Molls ?
                          I'm in garage conversion - me 'little' room - watching One Born - great stuff seeing the babbies being born :h

Comment

sweetpea29;1458216 wrote: You'll just need next week off then to 'proper' recover
                            i have next week off :yay:

Comment

*waves* Further Yoooo Hoooos from moi! Howisyiz dames tonight?

Hang in there Questy! :l:l:l

The point yer man in AA was trying to make is that there are underlying issues to why we get hammered... whether it's chemical or emotional or.... whatever. He was just being a bit philosophical... i.e. the AL sitting in the bottle is relatively harmless until we reach for that bottle to numb things. It just sounded funny when he said it, but not now cos it made you feel bad... :upset:

Today's been a day for AL and things AL related. I tuned into a program on the TV on the dreadmill and it was about young people getting hammered, thereafter maiming and/or killing themselves and others. They talked about the continuous "rose coloured spectacles" adverts where people are deliriously happy whilst sipping their adult beverage and how it's a far cry from the reality of what AL does for a big percentage of the population... and it dawned on me if we had been shown THAT kind of footage (people puking their guts up whilst getting rushed into ER with their head split open) instead of the wans all happy with their glass of wine and gazillion well-dressed pals in tow, our own realities might have been very much different. Criminal really, the way they advertise something that makes people sick (or dead even worse). Add the fast food adverts into the mix and yer average American is being bombarded with things that are bad for them (the inference being that it's GOOD for them) on a continuous basis. THEN add the big pharma ads in! "Eat this food and make the fast food folk rich, drink this drink and make the AL folk rich, have a fag while yer at it... then when you're good and sick and on yer last legs start taking these meds and make big pharma rich". GAH!!! :nutso:

Rant over.

I'm gonna get me moneys worth at IOP tonight! ;o)

That being said, I best go and get ready. I have ZERO energy today... zup wit that craic?

Comment

satz123;1458218 wrote: Don't yer have yer own telly Molls ?
                                I'm in garage conversion - me 'little' room - watching One Born - great stuff seeing the babbies being born :h
                                Love that but need a box of tissues beside me when watchin it

Comment

Working...
                                X