Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 6th February

:wavin:

Oh dear, Questy. Not a lot to add to the wise advice , it's good here isn't it.

Try the doctors again in the morning. Tell him/her what you've told us. Absolutely everything.

Make lists. How much you drink, why, when and what. Unfortunately our illness doesn't get better only worse. BUT, BUT and this is a big BUT it can be trampled to death. I knows you know.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

He sounds better than me. Has he got a few weeks in May he can lewk after Mr JC.

It's been very busy the last two days. Which is good, means people are actively looking for help.

Do you know you're right,Molls, I was frightened to give up and it's not that scary really.

There are billions of people who don't drink, through choice, religion, health doesn't seem to bother them.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Busy on the thread today! I'm not going to be able to read back till later but just wanted to check in.

In from a lunchtime AA meeting, had a bite to eat, now heading to gym and IOP later. This sober stuff is bloody exhausting... :nutso:

I heard a good line at AA... "Alcohol is not the problem, I am..." It's true really as a lot of people are normies. Thereafter it was generally agreed that alcohol IS fine......... until we drink it! :H Gave I a wee larf... )

I'll catch yiz later... xxx

Comment

Zenstyle;1458119 wrote: Busy on the thread today! I'm not going to be able to read back till later but just wanted to check in.

In from a lunchtime AA meeting, had a bite to eat, now heading to gym and IOP later. This sober stuff is bloody exhausting... :nutso:

I heard a good line at AA... "Alcohol is not the problem, I am..." It's true really as a lot of people are normies. Thereafter it was generally agreed that alcohol IS fine......... until we drink it! :H Gave I a wee larf... )

I'll catch yiz later... xxx
          Zenners I totally agree - I am my own problem :upset:
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Mebbes that's the trick Joe uses................get well soon or I'll nurse you some more.

We've got some returnees as well. Looking good to see if we get financed for another year.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Crikey where the divil did you two come from. Have a yoooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hallo: Yo troops. I arrived here a good half hour ago... just finished reading back.

Questyroo - :l:l ya know we're here for you. Hmmm... my latest analogy which I posted on the Stella thread... or maybe it was in a pm... was that this was a new journey... Like a road I'd never been down, with new sights and everything. Kuya alluded to it being my Yellow brick road :H (I AM NOT DOROTHY) ... And the awesome thing is, it keeps being new the longer I am AF. I have personal stuff to work on, but I would never have dared go there if it hadn't been for a) giving up AL and b) the help of peeps at mwo.

Questy, all the wise buggers here have said what I could never say - cos I'm still new at this journey. But you are breaking the back of it. It may take time, but you're getting there.

OI! Sweetpea?!?! I made pancakes this morning and they're in the kitchen untouched! Report back pronto for reasons for this!

Orf for a gander...

Comment

Quest for the key;1458121 wrote: Zenners I totally agree - I am my own problem :upset:
                  NO. Quest - you are twisting that statement. The problem is the relationship between Questy and AL... just as it is between Molls and AL and JC and AL and Arsey and AL and a'body at MWO and AL... YOU are not the problem, the relationship is the problem.

What you have though, is the power of choice.

Comment

Evening all :hallo:

Dickietummypea ere, yiz can have the pancakes

Comment

RunningCourage;1458130 wrote: NO. Quest - you are twisting that statement. The problem is the relationship between Questy and AL... just as it is between Molls and AL and JC and AL and Arsey and AL and a'body at MWO and AL... YOU are not the problem, the relationship is the problem.

What you have though, is the power of choice.
                      Well said, Runners.

mollyka;1458131 wrote:

The stage of starting to find 'yourself' under the dullness and bewilderment of the alcohol haze - is really really fascinating -- some days I'm like a child with a new toy - and it's only ever little things with me. Maybe something as simple as making a phonecall that I really don't want to make - in the past I'd have farmed the job out to Joe or just not made the phonecall (I'm phonephobic by the way) - nowadays - I still don't WANT to make the phonecall - but I just do it - such silly little things, but when there's loads of things like that, it achully adds up to life change really - 'tis empowering!!
                      Oh my goodness me. I'm just like that. Look at me the other day when I rang the dentist all by myself without breaking into a sweat, raging toofache and half a bottle of voddy inside me. I was chuffed to little mintballs.

Oh and I saw Mushy on another thread. We've been abandoned.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1458131 wrote: Evening Questie - Arsey - Zens --- and I'll be eatin them pancakes soon if you don't appear Peapie!!!
                        The stage of starting to find 'yourself' under the dullness and bewilderment of the alcohol haze - is really really fascinating -- some days I'm like a child with a new toy - and it's only ever little things with me. Maybe something as simple as making a phonecall that I really don't want to make - in the past I'd have farmed the job out to Joe or just not made the phonecall (I'm phonephobic by the way) - nowadays - I still don't WANT to make the phonecall - but I just do it - such silly little things, but when there's loads of things like that, it achully adds up to life change really - 'tis empowering!!
                        That's lovely Mollls.
                        My highlight this week - clearing out cabinet in lounge found an empty wine bottle - the thrill of going to the bottle bank with ONE bottle - amazing ! Little things !

Comment

There you are Sweetypea, have one of these :l
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Molls and Jacks

Molls- you'd best hold onta Joe, sure he's needed to nurse you, tanks for da thought x

Comment

Hey Molls - RC is over yonder quoting you - yer FAMOUS !!!
                              Should have copyrighted your posts today :H:H

Comment

satz123;1458161 wrote: Hey Molls - RC is over yonder quoting you - yer FAMOUS !!!
                                Should have copyrighted your posts today :H:H
                                ahshit....

*whistles*

Royalties will be coming in April Molls. Tuppence ha'penny do?!

Comment

Working...
                                X