Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone

Thanks to everyone who's replied so far.
    Heres my story
    twenty year alcoholic. Docs wont give me what i want,(campral, topa and naltexon, ect)
    What i really want is to stop the heavy drinking (which i am doing right now, unfortunatley,)
    Got a really good job but its all catching up with me now. I cant go on living this way.
    Found this site on saturday and its the next best thing to the meds i would use if only doc could see my way.
    he (the doc) says the meds would be bad for my liver.
    I say what is the lesser of two evils, but he still wont prescribe.
    I think ive found a bunch of friends who understand what im going through.
    So desperate to stop this horrible addiction.
    Love,Hugs and all the best to everyone out there.
    Thanks for being my friend.
    Not alcohol free yet but hope its coming soon
    Hurting bad

Hi everyone

Hurting bad is part of our disease. It is also a necessary and sometimes enlightening step to our recovery. Let the hurt tell you where to go which is here. Among friends who understand.

You can do this - you want the hurt to stop and it can and will. You have taken a big step in the right direction. Keep walking with us.
    :h
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi Bright,
      on a practical note. If you let the other members know in general what country you are from, somebody could advise you whereelse you could get the supportive drugs.
      Just post a question on general and see what happens.
      Lori
      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi everyone

thanks

Mags;109562 wrote: Hurting bad is part of our disease. It is also a necessary and sometimes enlightening step to our recovery. Let the hurt tell you where to go which is here. Among friends who understand.

You can do this - you want the hurt to stop and it can and will. You have taken a big step in the right direction. Keep walking with us.
        :h
        Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone

No matter what -know you're among a family of friends here. Best to you.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone

lorisunshine;109566 wrote: Hi Bright,
            on a practical note. If you let the other members know in general what country you are from, somebody could advise you whereelse you could get the supportive drugs.
            Just post a question on general and see what happens.
            Lori
            Sorry lori, Im living in the north-east of England ,and its snowing heavily tonight.
            What is the differance between posts, general, and threads.
            Im so lost
            Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone

Hi brightfield,

Did you mean you are a 20 year old alcoholic or you have been an alcoholic for 20 years??

Right, general is the General Discussion Board, that is where we are now, anything of a general nature to be discussed is usually put on here..

A thread is something posted by one of the members...You have just posted one on here now....

A post is an answer to your thread by any number of us, this is what I am doing now, or you can think of the thread as being, say, your letter and the posts in that thread are the replies to your letter..

Hope that helped, if not, keep on asking, its the only way to find out...

I live in the south east of England, my doc was the same, no meds, just the phone number of AA, but he did give me a blood test to check my liver out, thank God it came fine... Have you had a blood test yet?? If not, then ask for one, you can order the meds on-line but I wouldn't do that till you have the liver checked...

Take care, louise xx
              A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Hi everyone

Brightfield - I was prescribed Campral by my doc and I have Hepatitis C. The drug isn't harmful to your liver. Maybe you should consider finding a new doc?
                Marcie

Comment

Hi everyone

Welcome, Brightfield. You've made the right step. Stay with us. When I started I didn't know the difference between posts and threads and general and what all else. I still don't know a lot. Just keep typing and clicking and practicing. You'll get it. Keep up the good work.
                  Reach deep, find your will power.

Comment

Hi everyone

Brightfield, yes, time for a different doc if you can arrange it. Heavy drinking is WAY worse for your liver than Campral or Topa....that doc is a loon.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone

alcoholic for twenty years.
                      Always dreaded having blood tests.
                      Thanks for advice on thresds,posts and everything.
                      Thanks louise

Comment

Working...
                      X