Army Thread Friday 8th February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mollyka;1459016 wrote: Des Bishop - it was on last night on RTE - was a bit disappointed tbh - it was more of the same old ' the drunken Irish' stereotype etc rather than actually talking about addiction - he came across as a nice guy tho, and serious about his sobriety
    Not sure if it's the same person but I remember listening to a comedian on the radio about a year ago who was in recovery as well, and his father died and he started talking about how he'd gone back to having a few pints and everything was grand Don't THINK it was him tho
    Thats him yeah. Was it a one-off or has he a series? I tink he has been sober since his late teens early 20s.

Comment

:hallo: Army

Had a few visitors on the daily this morning, thought I was in the wrong place :H

Haven't felt much like socializing lately but that's on the mend so here I am...

JC here's another cup of tea for you and I nipped out and got you a loaf.

Have a great day all....PPQP

Comment

:hallo: PPQP,

Pleased to 'meet' you x

Comment

Afternoon gang

Now then ppppppppppq where've yer been ? Hope yer ok - and lovely to see yer

Well I had a missed call in the work fone - tried to ring back but no answer - got meself all worked up and upset - well, feck em, it can wait till Monday. Tbh they're prolly only wondering how I am - but still .....

Just had some pasta (packet variety) for lunch and now I'm off to mooch for something sweet

Anybody fancy done ice cream ??? Cookies n cream HD ? Om nom nom
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

mollyka;1459026 wrote: It's a series alright I think - dunno if it's about addictions in general tho or just alcohol - think I heard he was going to do various addictions

Lick arse:H:H

Hey PPppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppq - great to see you back - haven't seen you since Canadia
            X post molls !!!
            As an aside, doesn't it piss yer off when hubs is on the fone to MIL and creeps off upstairs into the bedroom and shuts the door ???? I czn hear his vouch but don't know what he's saying !!! Paranoia ? Maybe - sly sod !!!!

Should I pick up the other fone ?????:H:H

Comment

mollyka;1459032 wrote: oh gawd - just remembered --- many many moons ago I was out sick from working in the bank and my bitchboss rang up to 'see how I was' - yeah right --- feckin Joe tells her 'she's great but she's not here at the moment she's gone shopping':H

DON'T HAVE FINDUS LASAGNE --- full o' horses apparently
              I know I saw it this morning !!! Tbh I thought "it can't be that bad, can it ?" But they're full off feckin vet drugs !!!

Not that I would choose to eat horse meat

:H:H. About the bitch boss !! That would be something that the kids would do to me !!

Comment

Yo. Sorry no pancakes this morning - did youse find the batter? I left it in the fridge.

Big hugaroos for the sick folks, but not too close if it's contagious

Right - if you can be arsed... have a look back at last nights QT... and take a listen to Brian Soutar. Now I nearly posted this last night "Has he been drinking?" but thought... maybe I'm just being uber sensitive... But then I raised it in the office this morning and everyone who saw it said, aye, they thought he'd had a few.

Anyway, best get back to work...

Comment

RunningCourage;1459038 wrote: Yo. Sorry no pancakes this morning - did youse find the batter? I left it in the fridge.

Big hugaroos for the sick folks, but not too close if it's contagious

Right - if you can be arsed... have a look back at last nights QT... and take a listen to Brian Soutar. Now I nearly posted this last night "Has he been drinking?" but thought... maybe I'm just being uber sensitive... But then I raised it in the office this morning and everyone who saw it said, aye, they thought he'd had a few.

Anyway, best get back to work...
                  There you are, thought ya were still running Couldnt find yer batter but no matter, will survive (with me bacon, tomato and mushroom omelete)

I just thoght his eyes 'looked' funny but didnt know if that was him normally as nev seen him before. You've mentioned that there's a bar in yer workplace so maybe a few of them had a few before filming?

Comment

mollyka;1459041 wrote: Aw - I've the best one that 'kids do to their parents' -- back when Simon was about 9 or 10 the doorbell rang - I was cooking and Joe was in the attic fixing something - so I told Si to get rid of whoever it was. 'Is your mammy there' ---- 'errm no, she's in the bath' --- 'ok, is your daddy there' ---- 'eeeeeeeeerrrrmmmmm no, he's in the bath as well' ---- true story:H

Ah feck - why do I always miss the good bits??? How can I look back at it??
                    You should be able to get it on BBC I player i tink.

Comment

Hubs wants to go and watch rugby and have a few tonight !!

I was in shock - where's the support ????

Comment

Hey Molls

TO is getting clobbered with a blizard. Foot of snow on the ground already.
                        Me thinks Jilly may be having a word with you :H

Hi Sweatpea, mushypea, greenpea pleased to meet you too.

Comment

mollyka;1459056 wrote: Welcome to the 'THEY JUST DON'T GET IT' club!! It's so hard for them to understand - mine were all like that - and then they went the other way - nearly turning off the tele if I was in the room and a booze ad was on --- FFS - dunno which is worse!
                          Not sure how you feel about it, but if you don't want to go - now is the time to tell him that that just will NOT work in early sobriety. It doesn't have to be for long - but in the first weeks - you just have to be so careful with yourself and your head - utterly selfish - and it's NOT a bad word - if he wants you to stop drinking - he has to do it your way -- you start doing it HIS way and it's doomed to failure - and of course that is IMVHO:l
                          I agree - I'm not going, tbh I wasn't invited - but I'm just not doing it - this means too much to me - if I don't crack it this time, with my GP - I'll end up taking a long walk off a short plank :upset:

Comment

mollyka;1459063 wrote: oh wow - why didn't that happen when I was there I'da loved that - haven't had her on giving out yet --- watch this space:H

Well I think you are dead right. It is MUCH too important, and lay down the ground rules from the beginning. Years back when I started trying to get sober, Joe used to expect me to sit for hours in shitey old pubs while he sipped over feckin pints of guinness that took HOURS to drink - and couldn't see a thing wrong with it, and would put a puss on if I wouldn't go.... seems somewhat foreign now -- I was never strong enough to 'lay down the law' to him --- but Aiseiri did it for me - another thing for which I'm eternally grateful
                            All our glugging is done in the house, so it's hard to get away from it. But - ive binned my stash, and I ain't buying any more !!! This is my life, I need to make the best of it.

Oh, and me male kitten is trying to get it in with me female kitten - Ffs that's all I need - randy feckers :H:H

Comment

Quest for the key;1459065 wrote: All our glugging is done in the house, so it's hard to get away from it. But - ive binned my stash, and I ain't buying any more !!! This is my life, I need to make the best of it.

Oh, and me male kitten is trying to get it in with me female kitten - Ffs that's all I need - randy feckers :H:H
                              Good on ya Questy:goodjob:

:H:H at yer kittens

Comment

Molls- found Des's programme on RTE player will see if can watch it later. Me Da gets RTE no bother but if i want it here i've to get sky, somting to do wit the mountains

About the meat ting- i read a book last yr, tink it was fast food nation and it would put ya off eating any sorta meat esp the processed kind. Says she after havin bacon!

Hiya again PPQ

Away now to get outa the pjs and have a good walk,

See ya's later xo

Comment

Working...
                                X