Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Night out!

Hi All

Day 40 and in an hour im about to embark on my first proper social, drinking!, night out since New Years Eve, im driving and not feeling too tempted, they are good friends and there is a mixture of heavy and light drinkers so not worried about feeling left out. BUT I have had the voice in my head saying.....come on clare have a little drinkey only one etc etc.
    my question is im taking some lguts before i go is 1000mg enough? also have lots of warm tea and some choccy now to avoid sugar cravings
    iwsh me luck!:thanks:
    AF since 2nd Oct 2012
    Day by day

First Night out!

Did it, no booze feeling great. Off to bed all happy x
    AF since 2nd Oct 2012
    Day by day

Comment

First Night out!

Good for you!! You should be very proud of what you've done! :goodjob:
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

First Night out!

GREAT JOB, Moots! THAT'S how it's done! One win at a time....so happy for you...Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

First Night out!

Awesome Moots! Now you can check that one off your list - did it, handled it, can do it again no problem.
          AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

First Night out!

Well done! How was it? Was it still "fun"?

CONGRATS!!!
            If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

First Night out!

Woot woot! Congrats I just got in myself. Would love to hear more about the adventure, ill post mine tomorrow.

Comment

First Night out!

Well done moots , i know how daunting it can be , i have found when u r actually out socially and if u r not being hassled to have a drink , nights out can be as much fun without al , and no regrets or hangover the next morning which is great.
                Great to get your first one done though , congrats
                Still trying !!!
                AF 25th June2014

Comment

First Night out!

Yeah Moots! Well done.

Comment

First Night out!

Congrats I go out and not drink myself and its fun especially when you wake up to a wonderful day without a hangover.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

First Night out!

:goodjob:Well Done!
                      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Working...
                      X