A little help for tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES! I can see you moving from strength to strength. Good one Morrison!

Doo
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

All of you are the best. I was really thinking about the comments on here during my meeting today, and my nervous stomach went away. I just kept thinking, "I'm not that person anymore." Things went well, and then I got some good news. I truly don't think something like this would have happened in the past with my bad attitude. I truly think my bad attitude was keeping me from moving forward. Now that I removed the booze, my attitude is getting better. Work ethic was never my problem. I just had a really bad attitude. I remember seeing another thread on here somewhere about attracting good things when you have a good attitude, and attracting bad when feeling bad. I thought it was hogwash, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks again for the support. I'll be sure to pay it forward.
      where does this go?

Comment

I'm so glad that things worked out so brilliantly for you, Morrison! It's just wonderful!

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I CERTAINLY CAN RELATE TO YOUR STORY. #1 SALESPERSON IN MUTI MEDIA CORPORATION. EVERYONE THOUGHT I HAD THE WORLD BY THE YOU KNOW WHAT. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE THAT THE LORD HAS NO CONDEMNATION. HE CARES NOT WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY AS LONG AS YOU ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND KEEP SEEKING OUT TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON. I HAVE BEEN SOBER FOR ALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW AND IT TOOK ABOUT 4 TO COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MY PAST WAS BETWEEN ME AND GOD AND I HAD BEEN FORGIVEN. THEREFORE I NEED NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY. I DON'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE A RAMBLING CHRISTIAN, BUT THIS WAS SHARED WITH ME BY OUR LOCAL PREACHER AND EACH TIME I MUST APPROACH SOMEONE OR SOMETHING I KEEP THIS IN MIND AND IT HELPS ME TO KEEP MY HEAD UP HIGH. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR MEETING. KEEP IN MIND YOUR NOT THE PERSON YOU WERE 5 WEEKS AGO, LET ALONE AT THAT GATHERING...hAVE A GREAT ONE AND KEEP SMILING.THEY WILL SMILE BACK.

Comment

Well done Morrison,

I also see only good things ahead for you!!

Can I add one piece of advice one of my own past managers told me - for ANYONE out there worried about meetings, presentations, giving seminars or WHATEVER.

I was worried about client meetings etc and he said

"If the company didn't have complete faith in your abilities - you would not even be in that meeting room!"

Remember that the next time the nerves get going!

Satori
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Morrison, I missed the thread before you went to the meeting but you must be so relieved. I must say you ROCK! And thanks for having my back with the other thing. :h
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Morrison, that is awesome news!! I agree so much with you about the attitude thing. We think drinking makes up happy when all it really does is beat us down and make us negative and angry. I have no doubt your new attitude was coming through which made this client want to hire you. Congratulations!!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Way to go Morrison!
                  Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

More thanks

Thanks again guys.

abevel - I too feel in time I will be able to forgive myself of the things I have done. I beleive I have to do some penance though. 4 months, huh? I can hang in there for that long.

Satori - good advice on company meetings. I do have to be more confidant. However, this meeting was akward because of my having to face somebody that last saw me shitfaced. It was a bit much, you know. Never the less, it went better than I thought, and then some. thanks.

HappyCamper - There was huge relief after the meeting. It was the first time having to really face a situation where my past drinking was really on my mind. I will still run into people that will remember me as the drunk, but that first encounter was the one to conquer, and now I know things are never as bad as they seem. I know you have my back too Happy.

Lushy - no doubt. The bad attitude was probably my armour. You know, "I touch noone, and no one touches me" type of thing. Most definately manifested by my lack of confidence. Wonder how my confidence got so low in the first place. Hmm. Think I know the answer.

And to everybody else I didn't directly respond to, you all give me confidence. Something that was truly lacking, despite my great acting ability in life. Nobody would ever know just how much I hated myself. Great to know their is so much support here. :hug:
                    where does this go?

Comment

Morrison, long time no hear.... are you ok? Just read your thread and ditto everything said, this is from the woman with the bravest face ever (while cringing inside), I have sadly mastered the art of 'facing it out' so to speak which has seen me through.... so far anyway.... Excellent news on your success, you inspire me.

Let us know how things are going, you haven;t posted for a while, maybe you are just busy but just let us know you are ok - OK.

Thank you for your PM's when I was in pain with my hip, getting better slowly slowly but am seeing progress, what about you??

Find I am gaining in confidence on the site and can;t seem to stop posting!!!! I am becoming a site pest? honestly what a blether I am now... my true colours.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lorna xx
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
                      X