Nightmares/vivid dreams after quitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and thanks for all the support. I have enrolled in a stress reduction course, but the building creaks in the wind, the guy next to me was jiggling his leg so the floor shook, and there were a lot of outside bangs and rumbles. So it was more like a stress 'enhancement' evening for me!
    My therapist does the somatic stuff, and although I find it a bit confronting (much more comfortable with cerebral things), it actually does seem to help to ground me and bring me back to earth whether I am wound up and panicky or at the other end of the scale, that really disconnected, withdrawn, slow state. We talked about the drinking and how I had been using it as another way to dissociate, and how the more I do that, the less things get properly processed, and so they pop through in dreams, when I relax/am off guard, triggered by a reminder, and how I don't learn to deal with the scary thoughts/images/feelings so they get bigger and scarier. Another really good reason to stick with the non drinking

Comment

I have heard many people say that they've had great success with somatic experiencing. I tend to dissociate too and have been working on trying to stay present. Do you like your therapist? Your stress reduction course doesn't sound very relaxing! :H

Comment

Working...
      X