How to stay sober??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to stay sober??

Melatonin and carbs do it for me too make sure your in complete darkness though in order for the melatonin to work.

Comment

How to stay sober??

There is a list I've posted on the Tool Box thread. I call it my recovery list. It includes lots of ideas and activities, as does the tool box thread itself, the first post under monthly abstinence. My life needed to change in many ways in order for me to remain sober. I like the specifics of it. Others find it sufficient to just keep saying, "No, I don't drink" but I needed more ideas than that.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

How to stay sober??

DimensionDrifter;1462137 wrote: I have quit 50 times! I always manage to go 2 months or so without drinking.. But then I feel strong and healthy and think I can handle it.. Then in a week I wake up in Village in Siberia drinking moonshine! Then do it all over again.. Stop drinking, get mentally and physically strong (and get bored) grab a beer. What do you guys do to replace the social aspect of drinking and stay sober??
        Whatever else you learn to do with your time you gotta learn some patience.

It took me four months sober to be anywhere near 'normal' ......you just keep picking the scab off your healing, and I bet quitting is getting harder each time.

STOP this time and stay stopped till the magic kicks in

Comment

How to stay sober??

DD. The cycle you are on is identical as mine. I get 90 days plus under my belt and then get bored and say forget it and the cycle repeats.

Today is ONE WEEK for me. So fortunately I am out of the 'funk' and now feel I can tackle all the things that are stressing me.

To stay busy: I try to focus on the things that made me happy as an kid. Swimming, skiing, playing out side with the dog. All these things made me happy when i was ten, before I had booze to 'enhance' things. I really worked for me last summer - and I plan on returning to that again. I have a couple of kids and they much prefer the 'kid like' dad to the Brooding 'don't know when he will explode' dad!

Comment

How to stay sober??

Great support! .. and swarms of bees!

I did not expect to log back in and see so many posts! I can see expressing yourself can really help.. Well I got out of bed long enough to eat one salad and take a shower. My neveus system is in such distress that it felt like my skin was burning in the shower! It is defiantly tired of me and wants to go on a vacation alone! Still did not get much sleep.. But I have done this many times! I know the drill! Got aspirin to help slow down the rapid heart rate, got 2 forms of liver cleanser to clean my liver, also got simple carbon tabs to soak up the access toxins in my intestines etc. But none of this works fast! Always takes me a week to feel strong again.. Yeah this cycle sucks! 2 months sober/feel strong and confident/1 week in a haze started by (just a few beers)/wake up in the Philippines or some other country and need to go through detox ALL OVER AGAIN! Every time I say THATS IT! Had enough of this Sh*t! But never talked about it before.. So I think this will really help. I think only drunks could be total strangers that support each other.. thats one good thing! Despite feeling like I'm getting bikini wax while walking on broken glass (and toss in some swarms bees while my a** is dipped in honey).. I'm usually an upbeat person that fights to stay upbeat! I see this expression and seeking support can be a HUGE help (not in getting sober) but in STAYING SOBER!

Comment

How to stay sober??

Siren136;1462250 wrote: Hi DD - I have been using ZZ-Quil and it works pretty good. It helps me sleep through the night. It's basically just Benedryl. Welcome and good luck!
              Zz quil has 10% alc. Try supplement with vitamin b3 and B6, magnesium, folic acid,
              vitamin D and calcium. Try eating a balanced diet of lean protein, lite carbs and greens
              before bed time. Protein turns into tryptophan which in turns
              turns into melatonin the sleep hormon. The vitamins, minerals and
              Amino acids all have a symbiotic relationship. One without the
              other can make things worse. I personally prefer food sources
              such as superfoods as they are more complete with less side effects.
              Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

How to stay sober??

lizker;1462913 wrote: Zz quil has 10% alc. Try supplement with vitamin b3 and B6, magnesium, folic acid,
                vitamin D and calcium. Try eating a balanced diet of lean protein, lite carbs and greens
                before bed time. Protein turns into tryptophan which in turns
                turns into melatonin the sleep hormon. The vitamins, minerals and
                Amino acids all have a symbiotic relationship. One without the
                other can make things worse. I personally prefer food sources
                such as superfoods as they are more complete with less side effects.
                Its great advise and I agree! Ate a big salad with chicken last night.. (held it down) and took magnesium and liver cleaners with it... Got sleep around 2am.. not normal sleep yet, the dimension drift sleep with some lucidity. I felt myself constantly interacting with this physical reality and dreams, mixing them together (One effecting the other).. however I think normal sleep will come tonight on Day 3 of horrifying detox!

Comment

How to stay sober??

It does get better. I used to have the worst hallucinations and lucid dreams
                  on day 1 and 2 of detox. Only happened when detoxing from
                  Vodka. I would do lots of cardio and taper of with beer for a few days
                  to sleep normally again. Iam on day 35 today and my sleep is very normal
                  I use the regimen I previously stated.
                  Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

How to stay sober??

DimensionDrifter;1462137 wrote: I have quit 50 times! I always manage to go 2 months or so without drinking.. But then I feel strong and healthy and think I can handle it.. Then in a week I wake up in Village in Siberia drinking moonshine! Then do it all over again.. Stop drinking, get mentally and physically strong (and get bored) grab a beer. What do you guys do to replace the social aspect of drinking and stay sober??
                    Same here !!
                    But am aware of relapse ,I think after a couple of repetition we might be able to hit our goal.
                    I also remain 6 months AF that just because of my health, once I got certificate from doctor that I am clean I did give a try ...So got relapsed twice badly.
                    Now I realized that I cant stop me from black out if I wont remain AF.
                    Once we drink ,we just do not drink but so many things come at a time like...
                    -you eat junk food cause a simple healthy food would not give you taste.
                    -Your wife would be perfect for a sex though you pay money to a prostitute but become helpless for ejaculation.
                    -You could go to bar until you get black out.
                    -You will see all of your family members against of you.
                    -You make you impotent at all cases like social,family,friends,health,prestige,waste of time,bank account ,credit score...
                    all shit !!!
                    Dix
                    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                    X