thank u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank u

for such a warm and generous welcome WOW just never expected it its made me feel even more positive as the only other person i talk to about my BIG problem is with my husband
    well i had 10 hours sleep last night and never woke up once so my body must of needed it ,i even could of easy slept for another 3 at least ,i went to bed early last night in a happy mood where as i usually go in to the bed room and sulk and feel sorry for myself when i didnt have a drink
    ive also noticed my skin "on my face mainly" has become very dry over night and i look about 5 yrs older hmmmm im going to start facial exercises to try and recover and build up the muscle tone that has been lost over the yrs through drinking also the rest of my body could do with a make over and im really going to get back in to shape it will give me something to aim for
    i have also eaten breakfast for the first time in yrs, anyone else noticed changes the day after stopping ?would love to hear about them
    time to start working on the face now
    have a pleasant day everyone
    take care all and keep positive :groupluv:

thank u

Hi Seahorse
    Glad to hear you are feeling good..........it's great isn't it !
    I had real trouble sleeping the first week, tossing & turning, BF's snoring driving me to depair when I had previously not heard it. This week however I am sleeping a lot better & feeling refreshed when I get up in the morning. BF commented last week that I looked "radiant"...dunno about that ! Mum also said the same when I saw her on Sunday. I feel better in the fact I don't have that alco-tan flush to my face, my eyes aren't bloodhsot & I think I must smell a bit more fragrant too.
    I think the vitamins certainly help too - aftyer years of abuse I reckon our bodies must be clapping their hands for joy.

Kepp it up !

xx

Comment

thank u

To keep you motivated...

i have dropped 10lbs in 3 weeks through not drinking (woop woop!), my skin and eyes look great and I have been going to body pump twice a week so am toning up nicely too (that bit takes some effort I'm afraid).

Comment

thank u

Morning seahorse, I'm glad you're feeling so positive about all this, it helps so much... That sounds like a very good sleep you had there....

On the face thing, yes at first your skin will be very dry, but once you get some healty food and vitamins inside you things will start to improve, drink plenty of water as well...

I looked terrible just before I stopped drinking, but now, things have really improved... Have a look at my before and after photos below....

BEFORE

AFTER

PS. Don't let the kids see the first one... Attached files [img]/converted_files/211462=795-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/211462=796-attachment.jpg[/img]
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

thank u

Hi Seahorse

I find that my skin feels really dry and I have to keep applying moisturiser during the day. Alcohol dehydrates you, so I'm making the conscious effort of drinking more water now to help it. And yes I had breakfast too this morning. Normally I wouldn't think about eating until about midday and 4 ciggarrettes later. Even thinking about breakfast would make my stomach churn.

...Glad you are feeling better though.....you sound it in your post.

Take care.

Mandy x

Comment

thank u

Oh Louise ...

Comment

thank u

hi and i know the feeling with the snoring i deal with it by turning around and sleeping at the bottom of the bed i can not hear him as much lol hes got use to it now ,i suppose its a lot better than actually going sleeping in another room.
              love the before and after pics irish hope i improve that much but only time will tell
              off to work now and yes im going to walk out of the shop tonight without a bottle of red in my hand
              good on u for losing the 10lb kate i dont really need to lose weight just a couple of pounds will do for me need to tone the muscles up though
              take care all

Comment

thank u

Morning seahorse,
                glad you had a wonderful sleep, it gets better still. Don't worry about a thing, if a change of lifestyle can fix Irish then you will just be fine. Irish, I would call that a metamorphysis rather than an improvement. LOL.
                Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

thank u

Seahorse, don't do the facial exercise! My cosmectic surgeon say that will cause more wrinkes and actually streches facial muscles. Eat healthy drink water. But sleep is the best beauty treatment. This from a beauty junkie
                  smiles
                  Mary

Comment

thank u

Oh Irish, I'm dying over here....just about fell off my chair.
                    Seahorse, everything gets better....just everything! so glad for you,
                    D.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

thank u

Seahorse, well done :goodjob:

Irish, Once again i'm peeing my pants xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

thank u

Paula, have you discussed this incontinence with your doctor, you must spend a small fortune washing your pants..
                        A F F L..
                        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

thank u

Irish where did u get that picture of me from????????

Satori
                          "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Working...
                          X