This is it-my commitment-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time is now to quit the nightly drinking and just start being a normal person. So starting NOW is my first day of NOT DRINKING.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Hi Fluff! I'm with you. I had quite a few AF days racked up but have been on and off for the last few days. Tomorrow is my birthday, so a perfect fresh start. Feb 16 is the day I started my life - it might as well be the day I start my AF life .
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

So good to see you back. You can do this fluff :l

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

fluff;1463594 wrote: The time is now to quit the nightly savoir faire and just start being a normal person. So starting NOW is my first day of NOT DRINKING.
        Hi, Fluff

I am new here and see you have been here awhile. Would you be willing to pass on what you have learned that you think will help you make this a success?

Thanks and all the best to you-

Comment

I feel really committed this time-
          NoSugar- I think I just am just so sick of this defining my life-I am so tired of the regimen of drinking and constantly having it control me- planning my day around it- it's disgusting.
          Thanks for the support, Siren and Techie- I'm just so happy to get this monkey off my back!
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Welcome back fluff!

Be sure to arm yourself with a strong plan!
            Get any & all AL out of the house, you know the routine.

Hop back into the Newbies Nest for a while for more support & accountability
            Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

do it Fluff!!
              when I was sick and tired, it got so much easier.
              Lavande is right,,,get all the AL out of the house, and then change your daily routine. It feels awkward at first, but you can do it!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Mama and Lavande-
                My first alcohol free weekend in a loooong time- and it feels so great to wake up feeling rested and not dragging through the day! Why do we do this to ourselves-repeating the madness and hating ourselves ?
                Tomorrow I'll wake up spry and ready for work-without any anxious feelings -and that's what I'm looking forward to. Also planning what's for dinner tonight as everyone will be home-so going to crack open a couple of cookbooks and find something different.
                I'd love to throw out the booze- but my husband drinks- so that would tick him off, I think. I really need to just not let it be an issue and ignore or be indifferent to it .
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

fluff;1463594 wrote: The time is now to quit the nightly drinking and just start being a normal person. So starting NOW is my first day of NOT DRINKING.
                  :goodjob: :l
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Good to see you back and committed Fluff. Wishing you continued strength and determination.
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I call it resolve, it can be the most difficult piece to put in place. You can make all the plans you like, but you need a certain kind of strength to make this committment, and then you need to gather more strength from your initial success, support, and often new strategies to keep it rolling. It is your time now, you have a great future.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                      X