Clear All

TECHIE.....HELP PLEASE....CHAT FUNCTION

Hi Techie!! Help please!!

Juja can not get on chat. She gets the following error message:

"Internet Explorer blocked this website form installing ActiveX control."

I try to install it anyway, and then this:

"Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publishers."

Sunshinedaisies has this problem:

I can't get into chat anymore - in fact it closes the whole MWO website down. I get "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Exploer to close and reopen this tab" and the MWO site is GONE !!!! I have no idea what it is - I used to have no trouble going to chat - anyone have any ideas?????

I thought that Juja's problem probably has to do with the settings in IE. But, decided to go to the expert before I started having her change anything.

Thank you, John. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

nora i'll look into this when I get home later today. not sure what the problem is perhaps its server not client. talk 2 you this evening...john
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ok I'm getting an error too. Not what you are experiencing. I need to do some investigating and may need to send admin a message. In fact, I haven't seen anyone active in chat since the Bush Administration.

More to follow...
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I can get into chat. I've been chatting in the past couple of weeks with Solitaire, Determinator and Turnagain. I'm using Chrome but I tried it with IE and was able to get in also. Thanks for your help!!!
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora,

I went to tools, and attempted to do what you said, but saw numerous things under ActiveX to enable or disable. and I changed a few, then decided it was best to stop. LOL Heaven knows what I've done.
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Ok Nora thanks. Let's see if this helps juju...

under IE > Tools > Options > Security tab > custom level enable unsigned ActiveX or prompt for unsigned ActiveX

I just upgraded to windows 8. I'm not a happy user. Will go back to mac ASAP!

Comment

I think I enabled the things you told me. Didn't work, and Microsoft didn't like it.

I'll try again tomorrow--it's late here.
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Chat works fine on IE. It just your security setting. Techie I have upgraded to Win 8 as well. Best OS ever. IE 10 is just phenomenal.
                We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

I have Win 8 as well and chat didn't work for me. I installed Google Chrome and it works fine from there.

Did you guys notice a lot of ad "bars" on your IE screens (AdChoice on the right, Topic Torch at the bottom)? I eventually fixed it but it was so annoying at first.

Techie, what antivirus/spyware/malware software would you recommend? For my personal laptop - I don't do much on here besides surf.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X